Senior Data Scientist
Job Description As a Senior Analytic Methodologist, you will assist and support the analyst workforce in developing coherent analytic strategies to resolve key intelligence questions. You will provide support to exploitation, intelligence analysis, and product development to include statistical and trend analysis, data manipulation and format conversion, data collection / querying from TCPED systems, data formatting for visualization and presentation, and database design and data entry form development
- Interact with analysts, mission partners and others on analytical functionality and exploitation and related support tools.
- Support the assessment of new analytical tools and the necessary standards to facilitate compatibility and greater efficiencies across the tools sets utilized by imagery/geospatial analysts.
- Work with very little guidance and be fully capable of delivering all analytic methodology support required with little direction.
- Provide direction to lower level employees and perform quality control and quality assurance checks on other employees' work.
- Provide advice to government leadership on processes, procedures, technology, and items of interest.
- Lead collaboration in the performance of services. Such collaboration efforts should lead to better synergized analysis than the sum of the individual parts.
- Supervise, provide guidance and direct workflow of lower level employees.
- Apply mathematical techniques to solve complex problems and develop quantitative based assessments.
- Apply scientifically based approaches to help solve complex problems and issues to include: statistical data analysis, knowledge discovery, and mathematical modeling.
- Provide database consultation, graphical data visualizations, and recommendations for quantitative data selection and collection.
- Work rapidly in a high tempo, high stress environment that often requires multi-tasking
- At least 10 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s statistics, applied mathematics or a related field.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in conducting analysis or providing analytical support to government clients
- Demonstrated relevant experience identifying, retrieving, manipulating, relating and/or exploiting multiple structured data sets from various sources.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in understanding of statistical/mathematical analysis in order to apply statistical/mathematical techniques to GEOINT
- Attended a basic Intelligence Course
- Demonstrated relevant experience with analytic methodologies in support of intelligence production. Familiarity with knowledge of GEOINT operations and sensors, which can be applied to satisfy key intelligence questions.
- Demonstrated experience building/maintaining a database or spreadsheet, performing quality checks and data integrity reviews, developing statistical analysis and visualizations, and explaining and briefing results to technical and non-technical audiences and policy makers.
- Demonstrated relevant programming experience using R within the past 3 years
- Demonstrated relevant programming experience using Python within the past 3 years
- Demonstrated relevant programming experience using VBA within the past 3 years
- Demonstrated relevant experience using ESRI ArcGIS within the past 3 years
- Demonstrated relevant experience using Tableau within the past 3 years
- Demonstrated relevant experience building and maintaining databases and complex data entry forms within the past 3 years.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.