Configuration Management Specialist
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
We are seeking a Configuration Management Specialist to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM IEW&S Directorate Sensors and Mission Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services, subject matter expertise, and software solutions and services for platforms such as the Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (2GF), Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite) and a full range of related Aerial Sensors Suite of Systems. This support is an essential in maintaining readiness for today’s modern platform sensor systems.
As part of a multi-functional, heavily matrixed team, this Configuration Management Specialist will write Configuration Management (CM) Plans and audit software change procedures, software development, software testing, and software documentation to verify compliance with software CM plans and procedures. The successful candidate will participate in design reviews, configuration audits, and evaluations of software products to ensure proper identification, control, and status accounting of the software baseline systems.
The Configuration Management Specialist will assist with the development, coordination, and execution of all quality assurance policies, tools, and training programs. The successful candidate will conduct internal reviews to ensure product assurance competency and the effectiveness of surveillance activities, develop strategies, goals, tasks, roles/responsibilities, and information needs for successful program surveillance, perform activities related to the analysis, design, development, test and maintenance of complex software systems, and provide technical surveillance to determine the adequacy of the software engineering program. The successful candidate will perform technical surveillance of systems and software controls and processes through in-depth review of software products. Additional duties and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Assist the program in the establishment of a quality management system
- Provide team support to enhance and optimize program processes and technical procedures, tools, reports, and databases
- Work with the program management team to enhance standardization and consistency
- Perform internal audits of the technical accuracy of procedures and monitor program reporting and metrics
- Support the root cause analysis activities associated with high severity level tickets/outages
- Facilitate and investigate issues in coordination with engineering and other technical personnel
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and refinement of internal quality controls
- Assist in documenting, analyzing, performing, and interpreting new and/or modified quality management system components and auditing those enhanced processes
- Recommend, facilitate, track and report on continuous process improvement activities
- Ensure adherence to all standards, policies, and best practices
- Provide the program manager with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards objectives
- Report to higher-level management on quality achievements and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the program.
- Review and approve contract deliverables (e.g. plans, procedures, reports, CDRLs/SDRLs) prior to release to the customer
- A BS Degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience (9+ years of applicable experience may be substituted in place of degree)
- Currently possess an active Secret Clearance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working within matrixed teams
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Post Production Software Support/Post Production Deployment Support for defense intelligence systems
- US Army aerial and terrestrial sensor system experience
- Familiarity with or experience implementing and using the Engineering Edge Quality Management System
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.