Job Description BAE Systems is seeking an Administrative Assistant Lead to join our Cyber Range Operations team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) National Cyber Range Complex (NCRC). This facility supports the Test Resource Management Center’s (TRMC) mission to provide realistic cybersecurity environments for test and evaluation of major DoD acquisition programs and to enable the conduct of realistic training and certification events for the DoD Cyber Mission Force. The NCRC facility may also support non-DoD customers such as Department of Homeland Security (DHS), industry, academia and international partners. The successful candidate will serve the Administrative Assistant Lead at the Orlando, Florida site.
The Administrative Assistant Lead will assist with daily operations of the program to establish office systems, increase and/or enhance department efficiencies. Must compile special reports, conduct special projects as required and perform administrative duties as required to relieve supervisor of administrative details. Must have strong communication and written skills and be able to comfortably work with leadership staff.
- Provides administrative support including taking messages, scheduling meetings, organizing and facilitating off-sites (ordering food, preparing materials, etc.), preparing correspondence, filing, etc. to nonexecutive employees within the organization or various functional areas of the company or for a specific project/business/technical unit
- Uses business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc. Uses software for functional area, to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations.
- Must handle clerical duties such as: travel arrangements, receiving emails on behalf of your supervisors, screening and directs calls and answers inquiries in supervisor's absence.
- Must be highly competent in Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel. Must assist with daily operations of the business office to establish office systems, increase and/or enhance department efficiencies. Must compile special reports, conduct special projects as required and perform administrative duties as required to relieve supervisor of administrative details.
- Must have strong communication and written skills and be able to comfortably work with leadership staff.
- All other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 4+ Years with HS, 2+ Years with AA, 0+ Years with BS
- Microsoft Project Experience
- Proven experience with analyzing business process or process documentation to identify areas of improvement and efficiency
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-motivated team player
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Active Secret clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of experience
- Experience using support applications/databases including Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel
- Current Top Secret or higher-level clearance
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.