Senior Windows Server Systems Admin/Engineer
**Qualified candidates with critical skills may be eligible for a one time Sign-on Bonus up to $15k depending upon the skill level and requirements per requisition. Please contact Stephanie Lovett, Principal Recruiter, for more details @ firstname.lastname@example.org**
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Windows Server Systems Administrator/Engineer position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). This role requires an individual with technical expertise administering Windows servers within a physical and virtual environment. This role is responsible for interacting with administrators to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties include examining incidents and problems and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives.
The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
- Review C&A documentation providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
- Perform system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operational IA and CND systems
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
- Provide technical support, administration, and monitoring of Microsoft Windows systems within a physical and virtual environment.
- Decommission server(s) upon request through approved engineering change solution.
- Install and/or remove service application and scripting components
- Maintain server hardware and software assets in compliance with supporting third party vendor and lease requirements.
- Implement capacity planning and tuning actions for server assets
- Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application and system problems.
- Support operations, maintenance and troubleshooting for end user workstations, to include desktop applications.
- Lead effort to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement to support effective and efficient operations
- Develop and document solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, and resolution steps taken) for Root Cause Analysis and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours; may involve shift work.
- Update operations and monitoring documentation for 24/7/365 Operations Watch personnel.
- Responsible for the security and management of Windows servers in multiple production environments
- Solve complex integration and technical Windows and Hyper-V problems in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of relevant experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience in a supervisory and/or mentorship capacity
- System security engineering expertise in one or more of the following: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Background in Windows server setup, deployment and maintenance
- Experience with hardening Windows environments
- Significant experience with system administration of server operating systems such as Microsoft Server (2012 R2/2016/2019)
- Proficient experience with one or more of the following: MECM, SCCM, Active Directory, Exchange, Virtualization
- Experience with integrating windows environments with monitoring solutions such as Microsoft SCOM and Splunk.
- Familiarity with supporting virtual desktops running Microsoft Windows
- Extensive Experience with Scripting/Automation through PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Extensive Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience with server patch management methodologies, such as SCCM or MECM
- Experience with installing, configuring, and managing active directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, and other Microsoft COTS products
- Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system independently
- Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Perform systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Must be able to work independently to develop solutions to technical problems.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure cloud services and the cloud ecosystem.
- Experience operating and maintaining systems in a Linux environment
- Certification relating to Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification or MCSA (Microsoft Certified System Administrator)
- Experience with SAN or network storage setup and administration
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) concepts and solutions
- Experience with troubleshooting within a security environment
- Experience with backup and restore procedures
#NMECDTPPay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.