Leidos is seeking an Exchange System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. This role requires an individual with extensive experience administering Exchange and email retention systems within a physical and virtual server environment. Duties include examining incidents and problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. These include maintaining systems for email journaling, archiving, and eDiscovery on local and cloud platforms. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. The individual will provide systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers. Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on servers.
• Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into servers in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
• Provide implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and monitoring support for physical and virtual servers.
• Collaborate with peers and other service lanes to perform network latency analysis to address slow connections and user experience issues.
• Join effort to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
• Establish and maintain comprehensive availability and capacity management solution using lessons learned and best business practices
• Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, operational assessment and process improvement initiatives.
• Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 mission environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours.
• Update operations, triage, troubleshooting and monitoring documentation for 24/7/365 IT Operations Center (ITOC) watch personnel.
• Supporting issues related to group mailboxes and distribution lists to include designating an end-user(s) as the group mailbox owner.
• Managing and operating email routing devices and services (like McAfee, Proofpoint and Edge devices).
• Perform day-to-day management and administration for Exchange Online system within an Office 365 hybrid/cloud environment.
• Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot email retentions systems utilizing Veritas Enterprise Vault.
• Managing roles and services, user permissions, email queues, and dynamic distribution groups.
• Implementation of Exchange PowerShell to fulfill automation tasks
• Experience with interacting with service lanes to handle service inquiries and problems.
• Experience working as a Tier 2 system administrator: familiar with using exchange/vault tools.
• Experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange 2016/2019
• Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
• Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system (ServiceNow) independently
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
• Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
• Strong experience with planning, deploying, and documenting patch and configuration updates
• Knowledge of Disaster Recovery for High Availability for a large, multi-site, multi-network enterprise environment
• Extensive Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
• Experience with server patch management methodologies utilizing SCCM
• Candidate must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements (Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).
• Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
• TS/SCI with Poly is required for this position or a TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
• The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with 4 years of prior relevant experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• Microsoft certification relating to Exchange and/or Microsoft 365 (i.e., Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 365 Fundamentals)Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.