Cloud Software Engineer (Expert)
Leidos is seeking a Cloud Software Engineer to support a technical development program. This position will work closely with the client to design, develop, test, integrate and deploy solutions for critical requirements. The Software Engineers will develop forward thinking solutions to ensure the lifecycle of the product is modular, readable, and maintainable and apply current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development The Software Engineer will work with a team of developers, data engineers, testers and Product Owners.
- This role provides technical leadership and delivers an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements.
- Support the development of enterprise software solutions within AWS. Duties include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past-experience.
- This role provides execution guidance and practical engineering support to mission teams working with the strategic guidance from the Cloud Engineering Lead.
- Serve as the Leidos principal Cloud and IT engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of the mission requirements and enhance overall system security, performance, and availability
- Complete the design, development, integration, and test of all software, to include algorithm software, applications, tools, web and portal systems,
- Provide documentation of the tools and processes used to build and install the software in the production environment,
- Provide regular system requirements and capabilities updates to the client, applying current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development
- Interact with members of the technical team leads to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development,
- Communicate and share expertise within and across the client’s organizational boundaries and work both independently and in small groups.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Typically requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant, experience in lieu of degree
- Extensive experience in Cloud Technologies and infrastructure -as-code concepts.
- Understanding of aspects of architect and design enterprise cloud solutions and AWS
- Expert experience working with DevOps CI/CD related technologies (Azure DevOPs, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Confluence, Sonar Lint, and Junit.
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management life cycle deliverables.
- Minimum of one AWS Certification from the AWS Associate level (AWS Certified Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer Associate, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate)
- Prior experience reading and developing solutions to customer requirements
- Two or more AWS Certifications from the AWS Associate Level or AWS Professional Level: AWS Certified Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate, AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional
- One AWS Certification from the AWS Professional level or Specialty Domain
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.