Leidos has an opening for an energetic, organized, and detailed-oriented technical trainer to support development and delivery of training content for the Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF), a software development framework. The Trainer is responsible for designing and developing training content intended to enable rapid understanding of the framework by developers and to accelerate adoption and currency on the latest features and their application to various use cases. The trainer will also develop content to help explain LEAF capabilities and benefits to non-developer audiences. Training is delivered both digitally (e.g., videos for self-paced training) and live (instructor-led) for large groups. The trainer is expected to collaborate closely with the LEAF team leads to attain sufficient understanding of the framework to produce professional-looking, appropriately focused training content. The trainer is expected to develop lessons and content aimed at specific skill/experience levels and framework components. The trainer is expected to maintain awareness of user needs and requests (e.g., feedback via Slack and Discourse) to continuously improve training content and delivery. The trainer is expected to possess strong planning skills to prepare for live training events, including instantiation of the training environment, creation of accounts for participants, schedule coordination, and tailored design of the curriculum and exercises to improve knowledge and understanding by the target audience. The trainer will support the development of quarterly newsletters to communicate training objectives, events, updates, etc. The trainer will also maintain training-related content in the LEAF Knowledgebase and Discourse Training Channel.
- Works with LEAF team leads to interpret and translate complex technical information into training content (e.g., lessons) for self-paced and instructor led training.
- Uses various media and technologies to create and deliver training content
- Maintains and updates training content as required by new LEAF releases and user feedback.
- Maintains training content in LEAF Knowledgebase
- Develops and maintains Workday training content.
- Maintains and monitors the training Discourse.
- Plans for and delivers tailored instructor-led training, including instantiation of the training environment, creation of accounts for participants, schedule coordination, and design of the curriculum and exercises.
- Supports training updates for the quarterly LEAF newsletter.
- Maintains adherence to project schedules and target dates
- Follows established processes and procedures
- Continuously increases knowledge of products and services, including new organization initiatives, new products, and product updates
- Special projects as assigned
Education and Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and translate them into clear, easy-to-understand content
- Experience managing, maintaining, and automating static sites for training content and documentation
- Prior experience developing training course content and delivering instructor-led training
- Experience using creating video content using video editors such as Camtasia and Vimeo.
- Proficient knowledge/experience desktop publishing and common authoring tools such as Adobe Acrobat and MS Office applications
- Strong general communication skills (interoffice, phone, email)
- Hugo experience
- Articulate360 to develop and maintain Workday content
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Discourse and Slack
- Prior software development experience, either as a developer or in a role that required a fundamental understanding of software development
- Experience creating marketing content
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.