Project Manager - Power Delivery
Project Manager – Power Delivery
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Project Manager – Power Delivery who will work alongside lead engineers and account managers supporting various clients within our Power Delivery Services division.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants to provide Project Management Services related to substation design projects completed by our talented engineering team.
The Project Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office in Framingham, Massachusetts that provides consulting services to public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of substation projects nationwide.
Project Manager Primary Responsibilities
- Managing various sized electric utility projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities located throughout the Northeast
- Responsible for overall project performance as well as managing the scope, schedule, budget, quality, and safety performance
- Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans to stay within approved limits
- Driving work products by coordinating and working with Engineering Leads and Managers to track and execute client deliverables
- Development of financial controls reports to produce weekly/monthly reports for client and internal review (i.e. Financial Reports, Action Item Lists, Resource loading analysis and schedules, Meeting Minutes, etc.)
- Interfacing directly with the client and internal management to report progress, costs, schedule, and risks across a portfolio of distribution projects
- Interfacing and communicating with clients, internal project teams, multiple engineering disciplines, functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel
- Assist with the preparation of bid documents, development of requests for proposal responses and cost estimates
- Proposal development: including scope, schedule, and budget development
- Monthly client invoicing and accounts receivable
- Creation and maintenance of client and office resource loaded schedules using a platform called Workfront
Project Manager Basic Qualifications
- Mid Level: Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with a minimum of five (5) + years of relevant experience as a Project Manager
- Senior Level: Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with a minimum of eight (8) + years of relevant experience as a Project Manager
- SME Level: Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with a minimum of eight (12) + years of relevant experience as a Project Manager
- Periodic travel is required
Project Manager Preferred Qualifications
- PMP Certification preferred
- Expertise in electric power infrastructure projects
- Experience developing schedules using either MS Project or P6
- Engineering background is desired but not required
- Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.