The Office of Technology (OOT) at Leidos has immediate openings for software engineers to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our customers and launch new products and capabilities.
As part of an Agile Team, you’ll design, develop, and deliver software applications and products following agile processes tailored to maximize the speed of delivery of those solutions to government customers and into the commercial marketplace. You’ll learn, master, and improve the Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and tools we use to develop, test, integrate, and deploy our Cloud-based solutions into multiple hosting environments, such as AWS, Azure, and others. You’ll learn new technologies and tools and apply what you’ve learned to overcome technological challenges with innovative solutions. You’ll collaborate other software engineers and share your knowledge with the team and the organization to make us all better at what we do. You’ll perform technical spikes and develop prototypes to help test product concepts and achieve customer validation. You’ll contribute to the team’s objectives by participating in Kanban or sprint planning, daily scrums, product reviews, and retrospectives. You’ll learn our agile tooling, contribute to backlog planning and estimates, decompose backlog into technical tasks, and keep your tickets updated daily. You’ll always respect the opinions of others, accept constructive criticism, share your views with a passion for improving the entire team’s performance, and collaborate openly and positively with your teammates.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as Java, Go, Python, C#.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git/GitLab to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that implements user stories.
- Develop automated unit and integration tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Bachelor's degree and less than 2 years of experience in a relevant field.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programing practices and patterns (Java or Go preferred, applicants will be tested).
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Familiarity with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON)
- Familiarity with Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, VirtualBox)
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, GitLab Runner)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Helm)
- Familiarity with Containerized applications and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Service Bus Technologies (Kafka)
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.