More About the Role:
The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for an IT Specialist to support efforts for the OCONUS Piers support portion of the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Guam.
NGEN-R SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Leidos supports SMIT by delivering the OCONUS Piers support to connect vessels to shore based networks while in port, and supports the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net). Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. As SMIT OCONUS services converge, this position may be responsible for additional Field Services Support tasks on ONE-Net.
Responsible for maintaining fiber optic cables in support of the OCONUS Piers program in the Far East region. This includes providing connect/disconnect services to the vessels when arriving and departing from port. Candidates will be expected to respond to requests to provide connect/disconnect services within the required service target as well as the testing, cleaning, maintenance, and repair of Navy Umbilical Cable Assemblies (UCAs). Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues. This position will require the candidate to travel to other regional locations to repair UCA cables.
What You'll Get to Do:
The qualified candidate will provide connect/disconnect service to all vessels arriving or departing from their assigned location. Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Operate tools and equipment (including necessary protective equipment) required to repair and maintain UCA fiber optic cables.
• Conduct testing of UCA cables at required intervals to ensure the necessary supply of available fully operational UCAs is maintained.
• Update UCA status in the UCA tracker for the assigned region.
• Track planned arrival and departure of vessels at assigned piers and respond within the required service target to provide connect/disconnect service.
• Track daily activities in the approved ticketing system.
• Assist in the development and update of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for connect/disconnect services, fiber optic cable testing, and fiber optic cable repair for the assigned region.
• Travel to other locations within the assigned region to conduct maintenance and repair of UCA cables.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
•Requires High School Diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years of prior relevant experience.
•U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret Clearance is required for this position.
•2 years of previous experience in the Information Technology field.
•Possess one BICSI fiber cabling certification.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
•Additional preference will be given to individuals who possess both a network certification (CCNA, Network+, JNCIA, etc.) and fiber cabling certification from BICSI, FOA, or ETA International.
•Previous experience either in the military or as a contractor supporting pier side connect/disconnect service using either UCA or WPCS solutions.
•FOI or FOT certification.
Pay Range:Pay Range $37,050.00 - $57,000.00 - $76,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.