Perform duties in support of the Maxwell/Gunter Fitness Center’s mission. The function of these facilities is a well-rounded fitness, sports and recreational program designed to enhance the morale and physical welfare of base personnel. Incumbent could work indoors and outdoors and is subject to prolonged standing and exposure to sun. Position is subject to uncommon tour of duty including holidays, weekends and nights.
- Provides customer service to fitness center patrons.
- Sells and inventories resale merchandise.
- Takes reservations for Sports & Fitness Facilities.
- Prepares activity reports and daily receipts.
- Accounts for change funds.
- Cleans fitness center to include locker rooms, showers, steam room, saunas, cardio room, weight room, aerobics room, basketball courts, racquetball courts, and other fitness areas.
- Conducts hourly headcounts.
- Cleans and maintains fitness equipment.
- Will assist in the planning and execution of sports leagues and special events.
- Provides physical fitness assessments and equipment orientations for fitness center patrons.
- Provide a variety of personal fitness training services for customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with contractual, functional and mission requirements.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED plus one year of additional education and/or experience.
- Valid State Driver's License
- One (1) year Support and Customer Service experience
- Excellent communication and people skills. Computer skills desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Practical knowledge of recreation activities, rules and procedures and skill in the use and maintenance of recreational and fitness equipment desirable.