Order Filler (CIIP)
While assigned to the Fort Benning Clothing Initial Issue Point (CIIP), the Order Filler is responsible for all physical tasks required to transport and store serviceable and unserviceable OCIE (Organizational Clothing and Individual Equipment).
- Load and unload material from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and production areas.
- Ensure all incoming delivery matches the purchase orders.
- Store cargo in assigned locations using MHE.
- Manage inventory by identifying, cataloging, and recording the counts and location of inventory.
- Record the number of units handled and moved every day using production sheets.
- Operate various machinery including pallet jacks, carts, weight scales, and banding equipment to handle materials and inventory.
- Analyze pick sheets based on request orders and pull the appropriate products for each order.
- Track supply levels and regularly submit replenishment recommendations.
- Unpacks, Shelves, or places items in appropriate storage locations.
- Work involved requires pushing, pulling, carrying, stopping, bending, squatting and reaching.
- As required, performs a variety of tasks to assist in the CIIP clothing/footwear operations such as: Measuring, fitting, and issuing boots, shoes, and clothing to authorized service members processing through the CIIP; preparing replenish request forms for restocking clothing/footwear; obtaining additional stock from warehouse back-up stock; relocating stock for convenience in resupplying bins, shelves and from one warehouse to another warehouse; moving boxes and pallets of clothing/footwear from trucks to warehouse area; removing clothing/footwear from boxes and places on hangers or in bins; participating in inventories of CIIP stock; conducting showdown inspections of clothing/footwear, and maintaining work areas and floor in a clean and orderly condition.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet organizational/operational objectives.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as protective mask, safety vest, steel or composite shoes/boots, safety gloves, hard hat and eyewear in certain areas
- Work will typically be in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment. There may be times when an employee is exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine and printer
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 45 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk within work sites 6-8 hours a day in performance of duties
- Must be able to push, pull, carry, stoop, bend, squat and reach
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass the standard background check.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Possess high ethical standards and demonstrate professionalism
- Valid Driver’s License without restrictions
- Ability to work independently or in a team-based, highly collaborative environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to interact at all levels
- Other duties as assigned to meet organizational/operational objectives