Voice Systems and Services Specialist
Leidos is seeking a Voice Systems and Services Specialist in Hill AFB, Utah.
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), acts as the provider of Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and other government organizations. The core telecommunications capabilities supported by GSM-O II enables the Warfighter to meet operational needs by providing world-wide telecommunications supporting natural disaster relief, peacetime humanitarian assistance, regional conflicts, and on-going strategic deterrence activities. This position is for the Unified Capabilities O&M Incident Management Desk within DISA’s 24x7 Network Operations Center (NOC) on Scott Air Force Base, Illinois supporting worldwide voice and video services. Shift work to include nights and weekend duty is required. Position may include extended periods of sitting while on a computer or phone and speaking on the phone with customers.
• Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
• Monitor DoD-wide voice/video support hardware and services (legacy and current offerings): Voice telephony switching on Unclassified and Classified networks, mobile flyaway kits, Voice Internet Service Provider (VISP), and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) systems.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, document and repair network devices to include phone systems, call managers, VTC’s, network infrastructure and trunk circuits.
• Analyze network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues/solutions.
• Identify and recommend solutions for smooth continuing operation of the DISN network as capacity needs change.
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: TDM telephone switches, VoIP, Call Manager, VTC systems
• Competency in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO, Juniper, Nortel, ACME Packet, Oracle, Palo Alto, Session Boarder Controllers (SBC), H.323 endpoints.
• Ability to perform troubleshooting, configuration, and restoration of services across multiple platforms.
• General understanding of IP and transport network topologies.
• High School Diploma and 2-4 yrs of relevant technical experience.
• Must hold Current DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) prior to start date.
• Ability to participate in a 24/7 shift work environment, to include working nights and weekends.
• Must have an active, in-scope US Secret Government issued security clearance, with the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance upon offer award.
• Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
• Knowledge surrounding one or more of the following: Routers, Switches, PRI’s, SBC, Video Gatekeeper, and cryptography operation/configuration
• Understanding of Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) messaging
• Technical Control Facility experience.
• Ticketing systems experience is a plus.
• Network+, CCNA, JNCIA, and similar/relevant certifications are also desirable.
• Customer service experience.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree desirable.
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.