The Leidos Public Health Portfolio is seeking a Design Lead in Atlanta, GA to support a public health program that will assist the customer in modernizing their data management infrastructure, processes, and personnel skills.
contingent upon contract award
The ideal candidate must be a strong leader with expert understanding of software design patterns across cloud-based application architectures, energetic and self-motivated, able to guide and mentor technical professionals, and with a value-driven and customer-centric mindset.
- Manage and coordinate design activities and facilitate the improvement of development culture.
- Lead design teams to research and deliver content, design artifacts, user research, User Interface/User Experience, and visual designs to meet the users needs.
- Work directly with users and stakeholders of a system or product to assess their needs and how they interact with the current system or product or identify a process that could be replaced by a future system or process.
- Collaborate with Agile teams and promote UI design standards.
- Collaborate with other user experience designers to develop and manage requirements.
- Influence others to adopt new technical approaches and solutions.
- Capable of thorough communication of technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Working collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Reading, comprehending software requirements, and assisting with estimating efforts.
- Producing technical documentation for new and existing features and application configurations.
- Guide developing programs, project plans and roadmaps, and driving them to conclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree with 15 years of experience or Master’s degree with 10 years of experience
- 5+ years of recent experience as a UI/UX design lead, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Experience managing daily operations of design teams
- 5+ years of experience with Human Centered Design (HCD), strategic design, user discovery and research, UI/UX, content design, and current visual design standards and trends.
- Experience improving, optimizing, and streamlining content offerings to improve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders and Agile team members on User Experience concepts and creating of use cases, personas, wireframes, and visual designs
- Knowledge of developing use cases and design artifacts that identify and propose the most impactful functionalities to be developed identified through discovery and user research.
- Experience creating intuitive user interfaces.
- Experience with modern user experience and Human Centered Design (HCD) concepts.
- Strong critical thinking with good judgment and constructive creative concept development.
- Demonstrates the ability to proactively identify and implement successful preventive measures, as evidenced by minimal issues associated with assigned systems and implementations.
- Facilitates and reviews the definition and implementation of standards, methodologies and best practices that guide the design of technology solutions such as architecting and implementing solutions requiring integration of multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications across the enterprise.
- Scrum and/or SAFe Certification
- Experience Section 508 requirements
- Experience with CDC/Public Health
- Atlanta metropolitan area located
Security Clearance requirement:
Ability to acquire NACI/Public Trust clearance
hhscdcPay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.