Deputy Program Manager
The Maritime Solution Systems Portfolio within the Maritime Systems Division (MSD) is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and highly capable Deputy Program Manager to join the Leidos team in Poulsbo, WA or Long Beach, MS to support a multidisciplined team in the support of the development of innovative and next generation Navy equipment. The scope of the business activities within this portfolio includes: underwater vehicle systems, maritime sensors, supporting information technology & engineering services for complex maritime applications, development and support of underwater data acquisition and telemetry systems for distributed sensors for platform signature measurement.
The Deputy Program Manager will be responsible for supporting the program manager in the leadership, execution, development, growth, demonstration, and production of an advanced Navy asset for a program of record working with a multi-disciplined team of mechanical, software, electrical, and systems engineers. Current program spans advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production, and eventually full-rate production. Position will require regular travel to and coordination with engineering activities at other Leidos facilities, in multiple locations across the United States
MSD is an industry leader in developing, applying, and advancing the state-of-the-art signal processing technologies for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems including distributed netted sensor systems, communications systems, positioning systems, tactical decision systems, and autonomous unmanned platforms. Leidos maritime systems are addressing complex mission requirements and pioneering impressive firsts in the application of advanced signal processing solutions to the full range of maritime missions. The MSD team includes an outstanding group of engineers and scientists, located in Arlington VA, Long Beach MS, Newport RI, Lynnwood and Poulsbo WA, San Diego CA, and other sites around the United States, who support a broad range of activities ranging from advanced prototype development for DARPA, ONR and other S&T customers to provide support for ongoing Navy missions. The successful applicant will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development.
- Provides support to the Program Manager in leadership for a program or programs of complex, high-reliability ocean hardware/software systems within an ISO 90001 environment.
- Supports customer requirements with innovative, cost-effective, reliable solutions that appropriately leverage advanced technologies and are suitable for production in support of U.S. Navy Programs of Record
- Supporting subcontractor and supplier direction and oversight
- Supporting coordination and prepare for daily, weekly, and ad hoc meetings, to include development of agendas
- Support the Program Manager in business-wide financial and staff planning
- Support effective team management for establishing a strong, collaborative working relationships with government customers, technical staff, senior managers and peers.
- Collaborate with MSD managers and other technical leads to support capture and relative business development activities
- Work with functional staff to administer and communicate Leidos policies and procedures
- Implements system engineering processes within the program consistent with company and ISO-9001 standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or other related discipline. 5+ years’ total experience, with at least 5 years of Program management experience
- Strong customer focus, ability to support team leadership, and establish strong, collaborative working relationships with government customers, technical staff, senior managers, and peers
- Strong problem-solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Contribute to the successful capture of competitive US DoD contracts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- PMP certification
- Experience managing program execution in a CMMI Level 3 or above environment and/or in accordance with ISO-9001 certified processes
- Experience managing Programs of Record for the DoD with EVMS requirements
- Experience with manufacturing and defined deliverable programs
- Experience managing programs that have high reliability requirements
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) development and reporting to DoD
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.