Zero Trust SME
The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Zero Trust SME to support a highly visible fast paced prime program within Leidos. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, various cloud environments, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates, and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
Zero Trust SME will excel at building and communicating security modernization strategies that enables the organization to stay at the cutting edge of our industry. The position requires the ability to provide guidance on how to architect/design, leverage, and operate, various operational platforms, including Identity, Credential, Access Management (ICAM), Security Information and Event Management, and Security Orchestration, Automation & Response (SIEM/SOAR), and Privileged Access Management solutions as well as be a catalyst to accelerate capabilities for an integrated Zero Trust future. In addition, responsibilities will include partnering with infrastructure stakeholders to build roadmaps and strategies to transition CBP’s networks, computing, storage, applications/services/workloads, and security services to an Enterprise Zero Trust architecture.
• Own the strategy and delivery of our enterprise-wide adoption of, various operational platforms as essential enablers for Zero Trust.
• Establish and refine customer capabilities, best practices, and adoption roadmap for Zero Trust to protect critical resources.
• Collaborate with infrastructure leaders to build security roadmaps for network, compute, and storage.
• Drive alignment to, and adoption of, industry leading technologies and standards.
• Collaborate with IT solution teams to integrate Zero Trust capabilities and solutions that improve agency security posture.
• Enable the success of application operations as new Zero Trust based security frameworks are adopted.
• Build talent of forward-thinking engineers who will be responsible for the full lifecycle of services from design, build, introduction, and retirement/refresh of technologies that make up our security portfolio.
• Bring Network/Enterprise Security Architecture skills to addressing Zero Trust capability architecture and implementation.
• Bring crafting/authoring policy and directive experience to integrate federal government requirements and directives into agency policies and directives.
• Bring governance experience toward constructing oversight bodies, and designing, testing, and implementing automated operational polices.
• Experience creating/crafting/designing cybersecurity and IT metrics.
Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Development, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or related field and 12-15 years of related experience. Additional years of experience and cyber certifications may be considered in lieu of degree.
Familiar with the management, operational, and technical aspects of IT Security in a complex enterprise environment. Additional experience in cyber risk management and assessments will be considered.
Experience with in-depth analysis of Zero Trust Capabilities, Infrastructures and Architecture.
8++ years of team and/or operational leadership experience.
10+ years experience in USG cyber risk management, assessments and authorization (A&A), certification & accreditation (C&A) and using NIST Special Publications (SP) (e.g.: SP800-30, SP800-37, SP800-53, etc.)
10+ years experience in designing and engineering enterprise IT solutions within the USG using NIST SP (e.g.: SP800-60, SP800-64, SP800-80, SP800-122, SP800-137, SP800-146, SP800-160, SP800-204, SP800-207, SP800-213, etc.)
Current Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
All Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to favorably pass a 5-year (BI) Background Investigation.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.