Associate Project Manager
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for an Associate Project Manager who will work alongside engineers and management for various clients supported by the Power Delivery Services (PDS) division. The position will have internal and client facing responsibilities, such as driving scope execution, schedule/resource management, financial management, contract management and risk mitigation.
The Associate Project Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within the PDS Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical distribution located in Michigan.
Associate Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Supporting/Managing various sized distribution or transmission/substation projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities
- Supporting PM in managing overall project performance as well as managing the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance
- Ensuring project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
- Working with Engineering Leads and Managers to track and execute client deliverables on specific scheduling and agile project management tools
- Creation and maintenance of client schedules
- Development of controls reports to produce weekly/monthly reports for client and internal management review (i.e. Financial Reports, Action Item Lists, Resource loading analysis and schedules, Meeting Minutes, etc.)
- Interfacing directly with the client and internal management to report progress, costs, schedule, and risks across a portfolio of distribution projects
- Assist with the preparation of bid documents, development of requests for proposal responses and cost estimates
- Creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
- Monthly client invoicing
Associate Project Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Finance required with less than two (2) years of relevant Project Management experience.
- Familiarity with electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services
- Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing, and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
- Experience with MS Project, Primavera P6, JIRA or WorkFront PM Platforms
- Very strong Excel capabilities required to support tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
- Ability to take direction from and discuss decisions with supervisor, and to coordinate with peers on project
- Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner in briefings meetings
- Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Periodic travel is required
Associate Project Manager Preferred Experience:
- Accounting or Operations Management Background
- Should be skilled in MS Excel, analytics, and mathematics
- 1+ years of relevant Project Management experience
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,800.00 - $72,000.00 - $97,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.