Transmission Line Designer
Leidos is seeking Transmission Line Designers to work in Chicago, Framingham, Salt Lake City, Portland, Seattle and Walled Lake.
Ideally, the candidate would be within driving distance of any of these Leidos offices. We value in person interaction to enrich your career development and collaboration with project teams. The candidate will be expected to report in-person in a full time or hybrid schedule. Furthermore, all employees will be considered to transition to remote positions once established at Leidos.
The successful candidate will work in a team atmosphere to provide technical and project support for high voltage transmission line projects. The candidate must be AutoCAD and MicroStation proficient, and able to utilize materials from different sources like: client standards, images, emails, sketches, dxf exports and others. The candidate must have basic knowledge of engineering drawing requirements with Transmission Line Projects in order to assist with the development of project drawings which includes but is not limited to: PLS-CADD Models, Maps, Structure Lists, Plan and Profiles, Phasing Drawings, Foundation Drawings, Structure Assemblies and Details, Permitting, and others.
The candidate must be able to track and manage various projects at a time to meet deadlines and assist in the preparation of submittals and must have great organization skills in order to keep up with file management. The individual must maintain a high level of quality and efficiency requiring personal accountability with self-checks to minimize errors, ensuring a quality product that meets company and client’s needs.
T-Line Designer Responsibilities:
- Development of drawing packages for transmission projects (Plan and Profiles, Framing drawings, Load trees, hardware & detail drawings, permits, soil borings, route maps and others.
- Assist in compiling documents for client submittals.
- Proofs own work to minimize errors and increase quality.
- Acquire and maintain access to the client’s system in order to retrieve and post project documents.
T-Line Designer Required Education & Experience:
- BS degree and 2-4 years prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Skilled in PLS-CADD.
- AutoCad & MicroStation transmission line drafting.
- ESRI, Civil 3D, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with multiple projects at the same time to meet deadlines.
- Ability to complete assigned task in a timely manner.
- Must be able to assist others when needed and follow directions clearly from engineers as well as peers.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At [Register to View] target="_blank">Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the [Register to View] target="_blank">benefits of working for a world-class employer. [Register to View] target="_blank">When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to gain experience / expertise in:
- Structural Pole Modeling
- GIS design
- Project management
- Financial management
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.