Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Join the Leidos Civil IT (CivIT) team in accelerating cybersecurity in a changing world where we make a difference by protecting critical networks for our government and commercial customers.
Leidos is looking for a new Cyber Analyst to join our Security Operations Center (SOC) in Fairmont, WV/Boulder, CO in support of our customer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The NOAA SOC comprises of 20 analysts performing 24/7 operations.
Learn more about NOAA here: [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
- Perform against established operational rhythm, expectations, and standards for Security Operations Center (SOC) analysts
- Part of the 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC, supporting shift coverage
- Perform incident handling responsibilities with direct interface to customers and management team
- Perform analysis on anomalous behavior based on log data from firewalls, packet capture, web proxy services, network flow analysis, intrusion detection, and malware analysis tools
- Operate freely to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
- Identify areas of improvement for SOC processes and tools to enhance the mission
- Provide teaching / mentoring junior levels
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant background to operate within the scope contemplated by the level or a Master's with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Prior background performing as a SOC analyst
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management solutions
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Strong systematic and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- CEH, GCIH, or relevant IT technology certification
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Hands-on cybersecurity exposure.
- Demonstrated comprehension of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vector, and methods of exploitation with a grasp of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity or background in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and background performing monitoring and replying to threats in Cloud environments.
- Familiarity with the NOAA mission.
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- Be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance (Interim Top Secret or adjudicated Secret acceptable).
- Fairmont, WV
- Boulder, CO
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.