Data Science and Management Delivery Manager
The Leidos Public Health Portfolio is seeking a Data Science and Management Delivery Manager in Atlanta, GA to support a federal program that will assist the customer in modernizing their data management infrastructure, processes, and personnel skills.
Contingent upon contract award.
The ideal candidate must be a strong leader with solid understanding of data science, data management/governance and data engineering, energetic and self-motivated, able to guide and mentor technical professionals, and with a value-driven and customer-centric mindset. This role provides management and direction in a complex multi-agency Government environment. It delivers on the vision and technology innovations for data science and governance.
Direct teams in delivering:
- Development and maintenance of data and IT policies, including data governance, standards, vocabulary tools, and data sharing,
- Operate and maintain data lifecycle activities across a wide range of data files and assets to reduce inefficiencies and remove barriers to accessing data.
- Provide data analytics, forecasting, and data visualization assistance for program and business administration, including machine learning and artificial intelligence to support Government Enterprise Architecture use cases
- Provide Data Science and Analytics expertise in the development, maintenance, operations of technology solutions and shared services to support end user needs, particularly focused on core data sources and response prone data assets as defined by DMI priorities
- Provide technical assistance for onboarding State, Territorial, Local, Tribal (STLTs) public health (PH) departments to the PH ecosystem.
- Guide and/or define the strategy to collect, curate, and evaluate large volumes of data from many varied sources and technologies
- Draft and present Data Governance and Management Policies for customer approval
- Design and develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including “big data” sources.
- Define, implement, and manage ITIL processes, practices, and frameworks across service management lifecycle.
- Manage data analytics practice to enhance the velocity, availability, and usability of data to support improved performance, collaboration, and transparency.
- Assist/Guide teams supporting monitoring, infrastructure automation, and business automation capabilities.
- Define, implement, and manage solution architecture, design frameworks, and infrastructure best practices.
- Advise/Guide in full stack solutions using cloud-based (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google cloud) data management and analytic capabilities.
- Identify and validate advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, models complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data sets.
- Evaluate the requirements and evaluate technologies for data science capabilities including NLP, ML, Predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Work with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems.
- Implementing and/or overseeing the implementation of machine learning algorithms and advanced statistics such as: regression, clustering, decision trees, exploratory data analysis methodology, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, and neural networks.
- Identify meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations.
- Maintain awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Serve in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a master’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience with federal agencies.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a project/team leader delivering data science, management, and engineering support/solutions.
- At least two (2) years of demonstrated experience in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms.
- Must have demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, travel tracking, CLIN management and tracking, and schedule and financial data monitoring.
- Must have leadership experience managing direct reports as well as functional staff.
- Must have experience managing subcontractors/teammates.
- Must have experience managing a diverse workforce located at multiple locations in CONUS.
- Must have the ability to use sound judgment in problem solving and must possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must have the ability to coordinate activities at multiple sites and resolve complex issues across multiple sites, both pre-planned and last minute.
- Must have the ability to successfully manage multiple significant issues and tasks simultaneously, and must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and pro-actively take initiative when issues arise.
- Graduate/Professional certifications in Data Science or Data Analytics
- PMI PMP certification.
- Experience with Leidos EENG/Pgm Execution
- Experience with CDC/Public Health
- Atlanta metropolitan area located
Security Clearance requirement:
Ability to acquire NACI/Public Trust clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $128,050.00 - $197,000.00 - $265,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.