Cloud Services Management Lead
The Leidos Public Health Portfolio is seeking a Cloud Services Management Lead in Atlanta, GA to support a federal program that will assist the customer in modernizing their data management infrastructure, processes, and personnel skills.
contingent upon contract award
The ideal candidate must be a strong leader with solid understanding of cloud services management and delivery, energetic and self-motivated, able to guide and mentor technical professionals, and with a value-driven and customer-centric mindset. This role provides management and direction in a complex multi-agency Government environment.
Direct teams in delivering:
- Procurement of Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) and compute capacity in addition to integration and management of cloud services solutions for CDC’s applications and software and defined networking storage requirement
- Appropriate services from Cloud Services Providers (CSPs) in support of applications in CDC’s cloud environment that conform to the agency’s Enterprise Architecture principles and guidance.
- Broker services between the Government and certified resellers of cloud services from CSPs.
- Present monthly consumption reporting to CDC senior leadership.
- Assess and evaluate cloud services for performance, cost-effectiveness, features, and sustainability and advise customer on cloud services strategy.
- Maintain knowledge of new and emerging cloud service technologies and standards.
- Serve in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a master’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience with federal agencies.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a project/team leader in cloud services management, preferably for solutions in a federal environment.
- Experience as a liaison with CSPs to provide cloud services in support of applications conforming to a large agency’s architecture principles and standards.
- Knowledge of providing financial metrics around consumption of cloud services and monitoring of thresholds to ensure appropriate use of resources and presenting to government agency leadership.
- Experience interfacing with government groups on questions related to consumption costs and usage.
- Knolwedge of assisting the government with the establishment of CSP reseller contracts.
- Must have experience managing a diverse workforce located at multiple locations in CONUS.
- Must have the ability to use sound judgment in problem solving and must possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must have the ability to coordinate activities at multiple sites and resolve complex issues across multiple sites, both pre-planned and last minute.
- Must have the ability to successfully manage multiple significant issues and tasks simultaneously, and must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and pro-actively take initiative when issues arise.
- Azure Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- CISSP or CCSP
- SAFe certification
- Experience with CDC/Public Health
- Atlanta metropolitan area located
Security Clearance requirement:
Ability to acquire NACI/Public Trust clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.