Engineering Program Manager - HW and SW
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos’ Security Enterprise Solutions is seeking an Engineering Program Manager to join our innovative engineering team to develop novel solutions that make travel safer and more efficient on a global level. The Program Manager will work directly with Product Line Management, Engineering, Services and Manufacturing to understand internal and external customer requirements, develop program plans and drive the program on schedule and budget. This is a great opportunity for an Engineering Program Manager with a background in product development and a passion for engineering to plan and manage engineering design and development projects involving hardware or software solutions in a diverse and collaborative product development environment.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- The Engineering Program Manager is the key point of contact for the program:
- Responsible for project scope, schedule and budget
- Drive both the engineering team, as well as the cross-functional team to achieve program objectives.
- Lead the team through the New Product Introduction lifecycle phases including requirements, concept development, design reviews, V&V and release to production.
- Lead program meetings, technical meetings, program reviews and gate reviews.
- Work with the team to identify and manage program risks
- Prioritize team efforts to meet the program schedule
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams to accomplish program goals.
- Communicate regularly and clearly to internal and external program stakeholders
- Be able to explain technical challenges and risks to a non-technical audience
What Sets You Apart:
- BS/BA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar and 8+ years of experience.
- Previous experience as a program manager involving hardware and software development
- Strong planning skills including defining requirements, time estimating, stakeholder at each phase of project, documentation, and testing
- Broad Engineering background sufficient to analyze design data related to electrical, software, mechanical, and physical science disciplines. Position requires working with subject matter experts to make design trade-offs with respect to cost and performance.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Highly motivated, resourceful and creative solution finder
- US Citizenship required
You Might Also Have:
- PMP certification
- Experience with Agile software development practice
- Experience working with teams on product development of algorithms, imaging systems or trace analysis systems, software and network solutions
- Hands-on design engineering experience with the development, and production of electronics equipment for use in medical devices, government security and/or military applications, or similar
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Check out the links below to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES).
[Register to View]
[Register to View]
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.