Are you ready to work on a program that supports mission focused projects? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, career growth, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave and more! You will have the opportunity to work under the best leadership in the industry at all levels; where supporting their employees and what they do-is what matters.
On this program we work super hard but also has fun. We have chili cooks offs, Pi Day with Pies, lunches brought in for the teams and program, end of year celebrations, recognition awards and much, much more.
This is a high profile program supporting projects working on highly visible applications AND building the next generation of these applications.
In this role as a Chief Engineer for a 150+ FTE technical development program responsible for delivering modern Identity Access Credential Management (ICAM) solutions. The Chief Engineer provides overall program technical leadership including modernization initiatives, ICAM service operations and maintenance guidance, and software development guardrails in order to plan, deliver, and builds new technologies. This role will lead the teams through the planning, organizing, development and delivery of capabilities using a tailored Agile software development methodology and cross-functional teams.
• Manage complex Sponsor relationships and requirements gathering
• Inject/Provide detailed technical direction into teams for adoption
• Participate in enterprise roadmap definition and planning goals
• Execute agreed roadmap to drive digital modernization initiatives
• Foster horizontal team communication across the organization
• Primary technical arm of program management office
• Present status and strategy to senior customer executives
• Ensure designs are compatible with the architecture and allocated requirements to segments
• Address user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate and improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, requirements allocation, and interfaced definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Identify system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycles from concept to disposal
• Summarize and communicate results
• Champions the development, documentation, and execution of system policies
• Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
• Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
• Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Typically requires BS degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience, additional experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Cloud first and cloud native architectures (any or all of Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as code in an automated fashion
- Strong communication skills via documentation and verbally
- Experience with positively leading teams to delivery
- Must have a solid understanding of IdAM / ICAM Services like Authentication, Authorization, Identity, and Data Protection through Digital Policy
- Demonstrated experience for client support of large scale enterprise applications.
- Certification - Security +, ITIL, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Experience with the Sponsor’s security accreditation process, CMMC, and NIST Fedramp requirements
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.