Network Engineer Level 1
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Network Engineer in the Ft. Meade, MD area.
Leidos is a preferred subcontractor on a newly-awarded, large, multi-year contract that provides hardware and software sustainment of large IT systems. Contractors perform dataflow changes, lifecycle management including modernization of aging hardware and software, as well as system monitoring.
The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge.
The Network Engineer performs network services from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Performs general LAN/CAN/WAN administration. Schedules conversions and cutovers. Coordinates with all responsible users and sites to resolve network or system incidents. Translates business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, CAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Performs engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts and telecommunications enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures. Assists telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management with network interfaces. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in Arista, Safe Net, Netapp, and Visio.
- Five (5) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support and training commensurate with network engineering curriculum.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering, or related discipline can be substituted for two (2) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support for a total of three (3) years. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree an additional four (4) years of relevant experience providing Network Engineering support may be substituted for a total of nine (9) years.
- An Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level I baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience in Arista, Safe Net, Netapp, and Visio
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.