Leidos is looking for a high-performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear security mission with the Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Office of Defense Programs, as a Jr. Program Analyst in the Office of Strategic Planning and Analysis (NA-183). This position leverages existing capabilities within the program office to provide overall operational organization support.
This position is a full-time contractor position located in the NNSA offices in Washington, DC with the potential for up to 50% telework.
Required Clearance: Active DOE Q or DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Conduct detailed research and apply expert analysis and evaluation techniques to supply chain issues affecting NNSA weapons programs in direct support of the Defense Program's annual Industrial Base briefing to Congress.
- Facilitate discussions with representatives from the NNSA labs, plants, and sites concerning input into the annual Stockpile Stewardship and Management Plan (SSMP) during quarterly Integrated Planning Group (IPG) meetings.
- Support the planning of quarterly IPG meetings including assisting with the development of the agenda and ensuring it is appropriately coordinated across the nuclear security enterprise and ensuring key administrative information is communicated to attendees.
- Review previous versions of the SSMP and analyze feedback from NNSA representatives to develop lessons learned to share across the labs, plants, and sites to improve future iterations of the SSMP; analyze chapters to identify existing trends in the nuclear enterprise and provide recommendations for the development future SSMP Industrial Base Appendices.
- Craft strategic messaging documents detailing the background, objectives, vision, and future activities of NNSA’s Industrial Base Monitoring to improve the understanding among NNSA leadership, federal program managers, congressional staffers, and other stakeholders.
- Monitor the various NNSA supply chain and industrial base working group activities to create a comprehensive database of working group missions, issues of focus, and mitigation strategies.
- Provide support to the NNSA Industrial Base monitoring team using OneNote and SharePoint sites for improving workflow and other internal coordinating mechanisms; assist with any issues affecting the Industrial Base.
- Track and expedite technical and programmatic deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance.
- Responsive, customer service orientation with outstanding verbal and oral communication skills.
- Experience supporting NNSA programs and management.
- Demonstrable experience with written communication, briefings, and congressional reports prepared for senior and executive management including experience in reviewing and editing documents for consistency in style, formatting, and messaging.
- Experience coordinating and collaborating with the nuclear security enterprise federal program managers and management and operating contractors (laboratories, plants, sites), or in a diverse environment with multiple interagency stakeholders.
- Experience supporting the Defense Programs Office of Systems Engineering and Integration (NA-18)
- Experience working with NNSA Executive Secretariate
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.