Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Processor
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, [Register to View]
Are you tired of working 60+ hours a week? Are you looking for a better Work Life Balance? At Leidos, Work Life Balance is not just a catch phrase, it’s a way of life. We expect our employees to work a normal 40 hour week. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to explore our job opportunities with Leidos.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to convey complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The NISC IV program at Leidos is looking for an Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Processor!
This position will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Western Service Center (WSC) Operations Support Group (OSG) in Des Moines, WA. The candidate will provide support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC), and FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional offices.
- Primary duties support Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operations in the NAS through coordination of those activities with the Federal Aviation Administration and other users of the National Airspace System (NAS).
Routine tasks may include:
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) expertise by evaluating applications for Certificates of Waiver or Authorization (COA) to access the NAS with UAS.
- Conduct feasibility analysis in coordination with Air Traffic (AT) facilities, writing and coordinating Special Provisions to define flight operations, and review and distribution of final approved COA’s.
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) support for proponent and FAA facility inquiries regarding the COA process, requirements, and operating areas.
- Provide review, recommendations, research, and analysis of UAS activities, requirements, and processes.
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) expertise and support on UAS policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
Please Note: One must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA. Partial telework potential with Hiring Manager's approval later on.
- Bachelors degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience OR HS Diploma and 10 years of applicable experience maybe considered / accepted in lieu of degree.
- Previous designation as a FAA Certified Professional Controller (CPC).
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Position requires approximately 10% travel.
- Experience with UAS (Unmanned Aerial System) operations in the NAS (National Airspace System).
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.