Systems Administrator (Full Performance)
Job Description BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the government, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are looking for experienced Systems Administrator to join our technology-based program supporting a key government customer. This program will deliver engineering services for network infrastructure as well as sophisticated enterprise computing infrastructure including end-point devices, data center hosted servers, multi-Cloud services as well as virtualized applications, and storage systems. Enterprise Computing Engineering services include modern application technology including containerized solutions with orchestrated workflow that function both on customer premise, and via remote Cloud services. Network infrastructure engineering services are comprised of core infrastructure, voice and video engineering, field engineering, application management and development for networks, network analytics, firewalls, network access controls and bandwidth service delivery. This is a fast paced, challenging, and career rewarding experience to recruit and develop provide top talent and solutions on one of the most complex and high profile programs within the government.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills We are actively seeking Systems Administrators with a minimum of 3 years' experience, and a range of skill levels from basic to advanced. Bachelor's or Master’s Degree are preferred in one or more of the disciplines described below where specific skills may include the following…
- Analyzing and troubleshooting software application and network component issues.
- Performing technical evaluations of client computing software, hardware, and management solutions
- Operating systems installation, configuration, and maintenance on Windows servers and desktops.
- Developing automated and documented processes and procedures to simplify operational activities
- Scripting and orchestration: PowerShell, VB Scripts, and Ansible
- Managing software/patch deployment configurations for standard OS and applications, ensure patching compliance
- Developing design and operational documents for supported applications
- Providing technical support to applications and utility developers regarding integration into the operating environment.
- Collaborating with management, engineering, and internal customers
- Security Development Operations (SecDevOps)
- Knowledge of programming languages (i.e. Perl, Python).
- Familiarity with commercial application software (i.e. Apache, Tomcat).
- Familiarity with configuration management tools
- Automated system installation technologies
- Automated backup systems
- Virtual machine (VM) technologies (ESXi, VCenter, VSphere)
- NetApp Management
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- CISSP certification
- Azure Fundamentals
- AWS Solution Architect - Associate