Network Engineer (Palo Alto)- Full Performance
Job Description BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the government, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are looking for experienced Network Engineers to join our technology-based program supporting a key government customer. This program will deliver engineering services for network infrastructure as well as sophisticated enterprise computing infrastructure including end-point devices, data center hosted servers, multi-Cloud services as well as virtualized applications, and storage systems. Enterprise Computing Engineering services include modern application technology with containerized solutions and orchestrated workflow that function both on customer premise, and via remote Cloud services. Network infrastructure engineering services are comprised of core infrastructure, voice and video engineering, field engineering, application management and development for networks, network analytics, firewalls, network access controls and bandwidth service delivery. This is a fast paced, challenging, and career rewarding experience to recruit and develop provide top talent and solutions on one of the most complex and high profile programs within the government.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills We are actively seeking Network Engineers with a minimum of 3 years' experience. Bachelor's or Master’s Degrees are preferred in one or more of the disciplines described below where specific skills may include the following…
- TCP/IP transport network design and engineering, network routing protocols, advanced virtual networking technologies
- Performing upgrades and performing routine network operations and maintenance (O&M).
- Identifying and implementing INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements for the network.
- Complex configuration management techniques and requirements for managing network systems
- Network operating and maintenance concepts and methods used to troubleshoot network problems for LAN, WAN, VPN, SD-WAN and VoIP
- Install, configure, and manage Palo Alto Firewalls, DSM host-based firewalls
- Install and configure B2b tunnels on Palo Alto firewalls for site-to-site VPN. Experience with migrations of Cisco firewalls to Palo Alto using Expedition. Experience with Panorama.
- Experience with Data Center infrastructure solutions: VPN, Cisco (Route and Switch), Palo Alto (FW + IDS/IPS functions), Trend Micro DSM (Micro-segmentation) – host-based firewall.
- Strong experience in building site to site VPN tunnels for both Cisco and Palo Alto’s platform.
- Radio Frequency (RF) and spectrum engineering
- Optical networking technology and engineering
- Satellite communications engineering
- Experience in working with Palo Alto Wildfire and Threat prevention for Intrusion and Detection.
- Experience in working with Palo Alto Global Protect.
- Programming/scripting languages and frameworks knowledge and experience, in support of automation (Python, Ansible, etc...) and worked with Palo Alto’s Rest API.
- CCNP – Security, DC, Routing, Switching, PCNSE (Palo Alto) VMWare Certified Professional Standard
- Network resource needs to have some good experience with Cisco, Arista, and Palo Alto Firewalls. Be able to perform routine upgrades, setup VPN tunnels, implement network changes for integration work.
- Experience with a variety of network technologies and solution architectures
- Broad understanding of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the networking field.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art systems engineering principles and network design concepts
- Virtualization experience (VDI & VMWare)
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Security best practices and implementing firewalls and perimeter security measures including VPN technologies
- Continuous integration, test automation and / or SecDevOps on iterative development projects
- Agile Development methodologies
- Cisco Certifications: CCNA or CCNP