PEO IWS SESI Program Manager
Job Description BAE Systems, a long-standing, systems engineering/systems integration trusted partner of the U.S. Navy’s Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) organization, is pursuing an opportunity with PEO IWS that underscores our company’s pre-eminent technical authority providing comprehensive engineering rigor and oversight of both the AEGIS Combat System (ACS) and AEGIS Weapon System (AWS). PEO IWS seeks to transform ACS integration process by establishing a foundation for future combat systems integration with the Government-led joint integration test team. The BAE Systems approach, rooted in relevant experience and innovative SE/SI techniques, positions our team to be competitive. Our team, however, requires necessary talent in critical positions to ultimately secure this highly visible, nationally strategic opportunity.
BAE Systems has an immediate need for a highly qualified Program Manager. The Program Manager will be delegated with the authority to commit the contractor to specific courses of action, and furthermore is authorized to direct the company's resources to assure accomplishment of the SOW tasks.
The role will require a candidate to:
- Oversee planning, organizing, coordinating, execution, controlling, and reporting status for all contract activities.
- Maintain accountability for the performance of staff, along with directing and overseeing subcontractors
- Deliver adept communication with PEO IWS 1.0 and/or the designated representative on all matters pertaining to this contract
- Execute a key integrating role facilitating participation by the large number of organizations contributing to the AWS & ACS, including establishing relationships with key entities participating in development in The FORGE.
Additionally, the candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge - Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards or wide application of technical principles. Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Contacts - Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature.
- Problem Solving - Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
- Discretion and Latitude - Work is performed under general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Impact - Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normal have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- Liaison - Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Bachelors with 7-years of relevant experience, or Masters with 5-years of relevant experience
- Experience in engaging with clients to capture and prioritize business needs
- Experience with reporting and tracking requirements
- Experience with the US Navy Ship Self-Defense System (SSDS)
- Documented experience with presenting material to senior division and program leadership and other government officials
- Proven experience with analyzing business process or SOP documentation to identify areas of improvement and efficiency
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-motivated team player
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions Master’s Degree Preferred
- Certified Scum Master (or willingness to obtain)
- Previous experience implementing Agile methodologies with applications incorporating Java development
- Experience with supporting the intelligence community
- Experience with Agile tools
- Experience writing requirements as features or user stories
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadline
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.