Part-Time: Science Academic Coach
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Professional Staff - Project/Program Administration
Job Type:Temporary (Fixed Term)
Institution Name: University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton
The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton (UACCM) is a proud member of the University of Arkansas System. The University of Arkansas System is comprised of land-grant research institutions, a teaching hospital, five community colleges, two schools of law, a presidential school, a residential math and science high school, and an online university, as well as divisions of agriculture, archaeology and criminal justice. These entities exhibit unmatched economic and social impact across the state by providing numerous academic and professional opportunities. Below you will find the details for the position currently available at UACCM including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please submit a request via Email to: [Register to View] or by phone at [Register to View] or (501) 977-2016. Applicants are required to submit a separate request for each position in which they have applied.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at [Register to View] or by phone at [Register to View] or [Register to View] .
Department:UACCM Peer Academic Coach (Kelley Davis)
Summary of Job Duties:Science Academic Coaches work at the Academic Commons under the supervision of the Coordinator of Tutoring Services. Science Academic Coaches assist UACCM students in becoming more successful and independent learners. Science Academic Coaches provide and help to integrate effective learning and study strategies for students, while at the same time helping to clarify and/or reinforce course content, assignments and material. Science tutoring will be provided in the areas of, but not limited to, Anatomy and Physiology I and II and Biology. This part-time position works during the fall and/or spring semesters when classes are in session and according to student need. Some evening and/or weekend work may be required on occasion.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Provide content and skill-development tutoring to individuals and small groups
· Maintain records regarding student use of tutoring services
· Develop tutoring materials and strategies to support student success
· Proactively promote tutoring services
· Create a welcoming environment conducive to learning
· Develop a good understanding and knowledge of college services, supports, and resources
· Make appropriate student referrals to college offices, departments or professionals, when necessary
· Complete any required trainings and development assignments
· Act with integrity in a courteous and professional manner
· Comply with all federal laws and college policies regarding student privacy
· Assist with other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES:
· Possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Proficient knowledge in course content being tutored, such as but not limited to, Biology and Anatomy & Physiology
· Proficient in the use of computer software applications, such as but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Able to problem solve, organize and prioritize work, multi-task, and be flexible and accepting of change
· Able to work independently and cooperatively with a team to achieve the mission/goal
· Able to work effectively and cooperatively with people of various cultural backgrounds
· Able to move about freely
· The successful completion of a minimum of 12 college credit hours
· A recorded B or higher in natural science related courses as evidenced by a college transcript with an overall 3.0 cumulative GPA
· The successful completion of an associate’s degree or higher degree in a natural science related field
· Prior work experience providing tutoring services
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Required Documents to Apply:
Please submit all required application documents to be considered for the position.
Pay is commensurate with experience and education.
Recruitment Contact Information:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
The University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton (UACCM) is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check, sex offender registry check, and drug screen. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check and/or a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act. The University of Arkansas System is committed to leveraging inclusion and diversity principles (via EEO and Affirmative Action programs) in order to continuously broaden our dynamic ecosystem of learning and working. All candidates are welcome to apply without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, and/or other non-merit based factors. Candidates must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment, and all applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Constant Physical Activity:N/A
Frequent Physical Activity:N/A
Occasional Physical Activity:N/A