Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Professional Staff - Project/Program Administration
Institution Name: University of Arkansas Pulaski Technical College
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College at North Little Rock is an integral part of the Arkansas Technical and Community College System maintained by the State of Arkansas. The college is governed by the University of Arkansas System Board of Trustees and a seven-member Board of Visitors and derives its support largely from student tuition and fees and legislative appropriations.
UA - Pulaski Tech, a comprehensive two-year college, offers associate degree and certificate programs for students who plan to transfer to four-year colleges and universities and/or for career preparation and advancement. Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at [Register to View] .
Summary of Job Duties:The LMS Administrator provides technical leadership in the support of the college’s learning management system(s). This position is responsible for the support, design, development, implementation, delivery and maintenance of LMS resources used by the college. This support will include integration with third party systems such as the school’s student information system.
• Oversee the day to day system administration of the college’s LMS, including systems performance, utilization, maintenance, support, course creation, and student enrollment.
• Configure and modify the LMS to match the college’s policies, practices, and technologies.
• Participate in the planning, testing, and implementation of new LMS releases, service packs, patches, and building blocks.
• Act as LMS expert for existing and future LMS system integration and automation with third party back-end systems.
• Run periodic system usage statistics and reports.
• Write and maintain technical procedures and policy documentation.
• Use LMS administrator expertise to help troubleshoot complex user support problems.
• Participate on the Technology Supported Learning committee of the college’s shared governance model.
• Attend educational technology conference such as Blackboard user conference to stay up to date with the latest trends and practices on distance education and course management software.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others
• Outstanding analytical skills
• Solid decision-making skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability and willingness to work independently, with limited supervision
• Expertise in customer service
• Skilled at communicating technical information in terms understandable to non-technical end-users
• Skilled at analyzing and troubleshooting software and hardware user problems
• Experienced at training others to use specialized software
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field Two years of experience in administration of Blackboard enterprise system or comparable learning management system.
Knowledge of LTI, API, and OAuth Working knowledge of Solaris, Apache, Tomcat, Pearl, Rust, and Unix shell scripting.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE DIRECTOR OF SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING AND DATABASE SERVICES AND THE INTERVIEW COMMITTEE.
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Required Documents to Apply:
Recruitment Contact Information:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College is committed to providing a safe campus community. Title IX protects the college community from sexual harassment in a school's education programs and activities. This means that Title IX protects the college community in connection with all academic, educational, extracurricular, athletic, and other programs of the school, whether those programs take place in a school's facilities, in college transportation, at a class or training program sponsored by the school at another location, or elsewhere.
No person at the University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College will, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefit of, or be subjected to sex discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual misconduct under any education program or activity.
We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity: