Safety Organized Practice Training Coordinator
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Professional Staff - Support
Work Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)
Institution Name: University of Arkansas at Little Rock
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a metropolitan research university that provides an accessible, quality education through flexible learning and unparalleled internship opportunities. At UA Little Rock, we prepare our more than 8,900 students to be innovators and responsible leaders in their fields. Committed to its metropolitan research university mission, UA Little Rock is a driving force in Little Rock's thriving cultural community and a major component of the city and state's growing profile as a regional leader in research, technology transfer, economic development, and job creation.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please contact Human Resources at [Register to View] .
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at [Register to View] .
Department:MidSOUTH - Tina Paxton
Summary of Job Duties:The Safety Organized Practice Training Coordinator will train and coordinate the statewide training of Safety Organized Practice, Structured Decision Making, or other contracted training initiatives for identified Division of Children and Family Services staff and stakeholders. This position will provide direct supervision to the Statewide Safety Organized Practice Trainers. The Safety Organized Practice Training Coordinator will coordinate with MidSOUTH training staff, DCFS staff, University Partnership staff, and other stakeholders to facilitate the statewide training, professional development, and ongoing sustainability of Safety Organized Practice in Arkansas. The Safety Organized Practice Training Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the fidelity of the approved training curriculum and established standards/methodologies used in support of the training model. This position is directly responsible to the Child Welfare Process Coordinator. This is a full-time annually renewed grant-funded position. Extensive travel is required. This position is governed by state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus one (1) year of professional experience with children and families;
- Professional Experience in mentoring, teaching, or training.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field;
- Supervisory experience;
- Professional experience with child maltreatment assessments;
- Experience and training in curriculum development and training delivery;
- Experience presenting to large groups.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Coordination and Supervision:
- Provide Supervision of MidSOUTH Statewide Safety Organized Practice Trainers;
- Provide Supervision of MidSOUTH Safety Organized Practice Contract Support Specialist & Scheduling Coordinator;
- Coordinate with the MidSOUTH training staff, DCFS staff, University Partnership staff, and other stakeholders to facilitate the statewide training and coaching of DCFS initiatives.
Training and Facilitation:
- Provide statewide training of DCFS contracted training initiatives for identified Division of Children and Family Services staff and stakeholders;
- Serve as a backup trainer in the absence of Statewide Safety Organized Practice trainers;
- Provide coaching on Safety Organized Practice when requested;
- Attend quarterly Regional Team Meetings to discuss Safety Organized Practice and training;
- Attend quarterly academic partnership meetings;
- Attend Training of Trainers, DCFS mandatory training, and continuing education workshops when relevant to the position.
Record Keeping and Maintenance:
- Maintain a monthly record of training activities and staff/university partnership contacts;
- Organize and submit a monthly report on contract deliverables provided by the Safety Organized Practice trainers;
- Work collaboratively with DCFS staff and university partners;
- Participate in DCFS workgroups and implementation teams when requested;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to travel extensively in-state, which will include overnight stays;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include nights and weekends;
- Possess exemplary public speaking and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to use customer service initiatives for clients and campus community;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to meet multiple program deadlines, and manage multiple tasks;
- Experience using Microsoft Office;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation;
- Ability to maintain a monthly record of contacts;
- Knowledge of the Arkansas Child Welfare System;
- Ability to train others.
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s), Writing Sample
Required Documents to Apply:
Please upload all required documents in the "Resume" attachment section of your application (before hitting the submit button), if you want to be considered for this position.
Valarie Abrams, HR Business Partner, [Register to View]
, Ophelia Dedner, Associate Director/Recruitment, [Register to View]
Dara Goad, HR Specialist/Budget, email@example.com
Recruitment Contact Information:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:Criminal Background Check, Substance Abuse Testing
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.Constant Physical Activity:Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Sitting, Standing
Frequent Physical Activity:Driving, Talking, Walking
Occasional Physical Activity:Lifting, Repetitive Motion