PSEG Company: PSEG Long Island
Salary Range: $ 78,600 - $ 149,400
Incentive: PIP 10%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Consistent with our core commitment of safety, PSEG has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining resource loaded project / program schedules using Oracle Primavera P6 working with functional leads, project managers, and/or contractors
• The current and baseline schedules will be maintained throughout the project lifecycle via feedback from the internal project team as well as input from contractor and vendor schedules
• Prepare detailed schedule reports as required, i.e., critical path view, baseline vs. actual view, look ahead view, milestone view, “what-if” scenarios, etc.
• Provide analytical schedule support for Project Team, Project Managers and Managers
• Assist in project schedule development; Integrated scheduling; Performance reporting; Project management assistance; Risk and Contingency planning
• Ensure adherence to policies, reporting processes and scheduling procedure
• Prepare, maintain & submit monthly P&C budget variance analyses and forecasts using SAP.
• Develop project plans & specific cash flows based on work scope.
• Create, release & maintain project WBS / Power Plant structure in SAP.
• Coordinate & maintain monthly cost data & reports in Excel or Access
• Update project forecasts or other requested project financial / status reports.
• Prepare URB Documentation (PCRs, PP slides, waterfalls, etc) for project cash flow approvals.
• Develop, maintain, update and monitor project schedules and work plans in accordance with the Scheduling Procedure.
• Develop, coordinate and maintain financial, schedule, estimate, budget, resource, procurement, risk and other data within Primavera P6. (Corporate Standard Scheduling Tool)
• Provide monthly closeout of projects in SAP
• Provide monthly updates to NEDLI.(New equipment database Long Island)
• Provide monthly updates to the CWIP (Construction work in progress) aging reports to meet department and corporate deliverables and deadlines.
• Provide storm restoration support as required by the Emergency Restoration Organization
Job Specific Qualifications
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business or Construction; in lieu of a degree, a minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
• Minimum 7 years of experience with Project Controls concepts (project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, or closeout)
• Minimum 7 years of experience with Scheduling concepts (schedule development, schedule controls and variance reporting)
• Strong effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
• Must be a self-starter capable of seeking out project-related information from project stakeholders
• Full proficiency and experience with Scheduling computer applications (e.g. Primavera P6, MS Project) and MS Office suite
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of PMI process (Project Controls, Project Management, PM Book of Knowledge).
• Experience and knowledge of electric power systems
This is a multli-level growth series position. Internal candidates will move laterally at their current grade level and will not be eligible for a promotion, therefore, the internal candidate must apply for the posting at their current grade level. This applies to candidates moving within the same career path (e.g., analyst, supervisor, engineer), or to a different career path (e.g., analyst to engineer, supervisor to analyst). The selected candidate will have an opportunity to be promoted within the career path during an annual review.
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View]
by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View]
or email [Register to View]
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]
[Register to View]