Senior Integration Engineer - MuleSoft
PSEG Company: PSEG Services Corp.
Salary Range: $ 89,400 - $ 169,900
Incentive: PIP 15%
Work Location Category:
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Consistent with our core commitment of safety, PSEG has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
The Integration Center of Excellence is responsible for developing technology solutions that enable the electric and gas applications to service our customers. We are responsible for some of the critical software solutions that PSEG customers and field interact with daily. We are looking for a motivated, self-driven and creative resource for the Senior MuleSoft Engineer role to join our rapidly growing and passionate team. As a Senior MuleSoft Engineer, you will be responsible for following enterprise integration patterns, and developing reusable, endpoint APIs leveraged by our internal and external partners.
Please note this position is hybrid, comprised of remote and in office work. PSEG reserves the right to amend the hybrid model at any time.
- Responsible for design, development, testing, documentation, deployment and support of APIs & Integrations leveraging MuleSoft AnyPoint platform
- Ensure the APIs & Integrations follow PSEG’s standards for Requirements, Architecture, Design, Code, Test, Deployment and Operational Lifecycle
- Follow good practices and project guidelines in all cases including design, the use of source code control, automated testing and deployment approaches, test-case-based development, and proper documentation practices to ensure solution quality
- Deliver high quality APIs & Integrations that meet acceptance criteria defined
- Test and improve performance of the APIs in terms of response time, reliability and resource usage
- Responsible for developing CI/CD pipelines, mUnit tests
- Provide support through problem solving, developing innovative solutions, and leading proactive systems maintenance
- Research latest platform capabilities, develop prototypes to serve as reference for future projects
- Subject matter expert in MuleSoft Platform
- Troubleshoot complex production issues with APIs, identify source of the issue and fix/work with the appropriate team to get the issue fixed
- Continually analyze and innovate to develop assets that improves the overall quality and success of the platform
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced employees
Job Specific Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years of experience as developer with a focus on enterprise integration platforms using APIs and web services technologies
- 3+ years of experience in developing solution leveraging MuleSoft platform
- Expert knowledge of MuleSoft platform capabilities and architecture with experience of server administration and physical deployment (On Cloud, On Premise and Hybrid)
- Strong knowledge of API design patterns and programming standards
- Desirable to have 2 MuleSoft technical certifications
- In depth experience in all aspects of agile software development lifecycle
- Experience integrating with Salesforce, SAP is desirable. Experience with SAP XI/PI is highly desirable.
- Experience mentoring junior level resources, consultants, and clients while leading internal initiatives
- Technically savvy and proven experience in working well in a highly dynamic environment while maintaining strong relationship with stakeholders & teammates
- Work independently to tackle well-scoped and loosely scoped problems
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills and strong ability to learn new business and technical concepts
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View] by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View] or email [Register to View] If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]