Fuel Performance Engineer
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for an Fuel Performance Engineer, located in Cranberry, Pennsylvania, US.
- Participate in introductory training focused on standard analyses and obtain qualifications in the Fuel Performance Functional Area
- Perform standard and non-standard Fuel Performance analysis work for US and international customers, following and understanding approved methodologies, procedures and internal processes while maintaining focus on nuclear safety and quality to produce error-free work. Analyses will support safe plant operation by confirming that fuel rods generate and transfer heat to the reactor coolant system while preventing the release of fission byproducts or to provide initial (pre-transient) fuel rod conditions as input to downstream safety analyses.
- Resolve and provide technical leadership for complex, emergent and industry issues, redesigns, model development and interface with our customer base and other functional groups within Westinghouse to support safe plant operation
- Support and provide technical leadership for special projects such as major programs, advanced plant designs, plant chemistry programs, development of new fuel products, including new cladding and fuel materials, etc.
- Provide expertise and consultation to technical panels, reviews, committees, regulators, customers, and partners on various Fuel Performance related topics
- Support general code, procedure and method development updates
- Improve and develop automation (via Java, Python, or other object-oriented programming) to promote efficiency and error reduction for standard analyses and documentation
- Mentor and provide Fuel Performance related training to less experienced engineering and customers
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (e.g., Nuclear, Mechanical, etc.) or related Discipline (e.g., Materials, etc.) preferred or recognized equivalent required
- Minimum 3-7 years of engineering experience
- Fuel Performance related experience is a plus
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills and comfortable leading meetings and developing and delivering presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience working effectively in a team environment
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE) Certification is a plus
- Computer programing skills preferred but not required
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]