Mechanical Engineer 1
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer.
* Performs a variety of engineering work in support of construction at a nuclear power plant. Includes fluid system walk down, review of P&IDs, design changes, engineering support requests, and performs other duties as required.
* Work activities include compiling data for project reports, collecting and compiling field data as required, assisting in proposal efforts as directed, documenting technical data for management review, providing other entry level duties as assigned, assisting with preparation of labor/material estimates and design packages for clients.
* Other duties include collection and interpretation of engineering data, development of project design basis, development of specifications, and performance of detailed engineering. Engineering Reports are often a work product. Ensures conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Required or equivalency required
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
* 0-2 years of relevant professional experience in the nuclear environment with equipment procurement experience within the power industry is preferred.
* Familiarity with mechanical engineering design and procurement processes, mechanical standards (ASTM, ANSI, HEI, etc.) and codes (ASME III and/or B31.1) a plus.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain Unescorted Access within the controlled construction area.
* Basic understanding of the impact and interrelationship of other disciplines' drawings (e.g., Electrical, Civil, and Structural) on design
* Ability to interpret and understand applicable NRC standards and regulations
* Ability and willingness to travel to project sites for short term assignments lasting from a couple days to 6 months. These site support efforts are where skills are developed at a rapid pace and experience gained.
* This position also has the expectation that the engineer will be working toward a professional engineering license. Having passed the EIT/FE exam although not required is a plus.
* Position requires ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to power plants.
* Microsoft Product skill sets required at an advanced level- so a strong ability to work within WORD and EXCEL.
* Excellent Communication skills are required as teammates and specialist are scattered across the country and the world. This may require non traditional work hours at times to accommodate a teammate in another part of the world.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]