Nuclear Maintenance Supervisor
PSEG Company: PSEG Power
Salary Range: $ 87,200 - $ 165,700
Incentive: PIP 15%
Work Location Category: Onsite
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Consistent with our core commitment of safety, PSEG has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
Summary: Coordinates the repair and preventive maintenance of nuclear plant equipment and systems to assure compliance with the nuclear operating license, state and federal regulatory guidelines. Providing first level supervision of represented employees in accordance with the Company/Union Collective Bargaining Agreement and Work Standards.
- Provides first-level supervision to represented employees in accordance with the Company/Union Collective Bargaining Agreement and Work Standards
- Assures timely and effective performance of assigned maintenance by trained and qualified personnel using approved procedures and work practices
- Assures station maintenance activities are conducted in accordance with PSEG personnel and safety policies by complying with administrative and technical procedures and work rules
- Performs supervisory duties, which include conducting personnel evaluations, hiring, disciplinary, and discharge recommendations.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of maintenance outage or online planning and scheduling related activities to ensure schedule adherence and maximized maintenance efforts.
- Development and determination of man-loading requirements to ensure adequate resources are available to support scheduled work.
- Provide scheduling with job performance logics to ensure correct work flow.
- Coordinate with station departments to complete work schedules. Conduct and attend coordination meetings/briefings as required.
- Administers personnel activities by conducting fair and effective implementation of the Company/Union Collective Bargaining Agreement and PSEG policies, practices, and procedures.
- High School Diploma, GED and experience as described below.
- 4 years of operating plant experience, including 1 year of experience in a nuclear facility OR 1 year of experience in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls
- Must possess a strong background in the planning/scheduling function
- Meets the minimum ANSI/ANS qualifications and requirement
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
- Must meet and maintain Nuclear's requirements for unescorted plant access
- Current or previous SRO Certification/License.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in the Nuclear industry.
- Experience in directing bargaining unit personnel
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View] by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View] or email [Register to View] If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]