Engineering Manager of Advanced Reactors Materials
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager of Advanced Reactors Materials
• Technical Leadership: Manage engineering and testing activities to develop and qualify materials for the eVinci Microreactor. The position will manage a team of engineers and materials scientists to perform complex materials testing at multiple laboratories. A track record of forging effective partnerships between government, prime contractors, vendors, and National Labs to support the eVinci program. Experience with: • Project Management • Vendor Procurement/Testing Review · Mechanical Analysis Review • Operations Support • Training/Development • Resource Loaded Schedules • Government Contracts
• Financial Excellence:
o Develop Direct overall work scope estimates and manage cost and schedule to meet project requirements.
• Customer Value: Proactively seek, develop and implement initiatives to cost effectively achieve goals and ensure customer satisfaction. Interact directly with program management to ensure project needs and milestones are achieved.
• Talent Development: Promote and enable professional and technical development of direct line engineering staff. Ensure talent utilization objectives are achieved. Approximately 5-10 direct reports with large teams of matrix reports supporting goals and objectives.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Advanced degree preferred. Nuclear degree desirable.
• Broad knowledge of engineering principles and techniques and applications in area of specialization.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in managing major engineering projects and large, skilled and diverse staff.
• 10 years of experience – relevant experience in nuclear plant licensing, design, testing, procurement, manufacturing, installation, startup and vendor oversight.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]