Field Service Engineer
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Field Service Engineer/Mechanical Engineer
Your Day to Day:
- Provide innovative and practical repair and maintenance solutions that ensure high quality products in accordance with our customer expectations.
- Design and develop mechanical and electrical tooling solutions including underwater fixtures and robotics.
- Interpret BWR assembly drawings and specifications for analysis.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA’s) and tooling rigor for associated tooling.
- Support specific tooling projects including planning, implementing and financial reporting to the business.
- Support specific field project delivery teams in operation and maintenance of tooling at customer sites as well as maintenance facilities.
- Support and design customer solutions for field delivery issues.
- Travel 40-60% of time to both domestic and international sites.
- Perform general problem solving to unique issues.
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-5 years related engineering experience
- Autodesk Inventor 3-D CAD software experience preferred
- Demonstrated competencies in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to work without management oversight, (self starter)
- Work in a team atmosphere and interface well with internal and external customers
- Ability to obtain/maintain Unescorted Site Access including drug screening processes
- Ability to achieve Customer 1st or Six Sigma certification
- Knowledge of welding design, structural analysis, and fabrication
- Knowledge of the ASME / AWS codes
- Flexibility to work in dynamic work environment with changing issues and customer demands
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]