Audit Project Leader
PSEG Company: PSEG Services Corp.
Salary Range: $ 89,400 - $ 169,900
Incentive: PIP 15%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Lead and conduct internal audits, reviews and other assignments within PSEG Internal Audit Services (IAS). Primarily, the candidate’s projects will focus on processes and systems in PSE&G Customer Operations and PSEG Human Resources, Corporate Citizenship, Treasury and Law Departments. The candidate will also have the opportunity to engage in other projects within Internal Audit Services (IAS) and the broader Assurance function.
- Position requires delivering assurance and advisory services to PSEG on risk and control issues related to people, processes and technology, compliance, accounting and operations.
- Plans and conducts all phases of operational, financial and compliance audits independently or as a team leader.
- Ensures all work is performed in accordance with applicable professional standards. Presents audit findings and recommendations or audit-related issues to IAS, business and executive management verbally and/or in writing.
- Participates in or leads integrated audits with the IAS IT audit team as needed.
- Engages in other projects within Internal Audit Services (IAS) and the broader Assurance function as assigned.
- Provides input for performance evaluation, training and coaching of staff auditors and external resources.
- Exhibits leadership, strong written and oral communication skills, facilitation skills and negotiation skills.
Job Specific Qualifications
Required Qualifications, Competencies, Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Information Systems or related discipline and seven years related experience in performing and leading audits within a large organization. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of ten years related experience in performing and leading audits within a large organization.
- Passion for learning.
- Ability to work with diverse viewpoints and people to build relationships and partner.
- Proficient with MS Office applications and data analytic software.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Proficiency in auditing standards.
- Leadership, planning and organizing abilities.
- Ability to analyze operations and make sound judgments with limited information.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Desired Qualifications, Competencies, Education & Experience
- One or more of the following certifications: CIA, CPA, CISA.
- Knowledge of utility business.
- Knowledge of data extraction and analysis software tools (e.g., ACL).
- Experience with the TeamMate audit solution.
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View] by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View] or email [Register to View] If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]