Electrical Engineer (Richland, WA)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace! If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Chemist or Chemical Engineer!
This Electrical Engineer opportunity is going to be an on-site position- based in our Richland, Washington office
The Electrical Engineer performs Electrical Engineering design, maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting to complex problems that are not well defined. Common systems include: Motion controllers, PLCs, electro pneumatics, electro hydraulics, ultrasonic systems, streaming servers, custom cameras, custom cable assemblies, various sensors, and automation devices.
- Document and share technical data to promote learning and open dialogue among team members including procedures, drawings, and schematics generation.
- Lead Streaming Server system and computer networking maintenance and standardization process.
- Coordinate and integrate complex technical projects that encompass multi-functional areas (typically Mechanical Engineers within the team); successfully achieve established budget and schedule requirements.
- Identify, define and direct approach for successful resolution of technical and operational issues.
- Lead work of electrical technicians and motion control operators and provide periodic performance feedback to them.
- Travel up to 25-50% to domestic/international customer locations as a part of a team for field implementation of services.
- Provide appropriate internal/external personnel with periodic updates and recommendations regarding nature and status of work.
- Identify and support improvement opportunities and present recommendations to management.
- Develop new or improved products/services utilizing knowledge of economic studies and recent technical developments. Coordinate and/or prepare technical documents for products/services.
- Instruct, train, and guide personnel on significant technical projects, tasks and activities.
- Provide electrical engineering discipline expert knowledge to peers, vendors and customers.
- Act as lead technical problem solver within area of Electrical Engineering.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering/related technical discipline or equivalent.
- 3+ years of applicable engineering experience is required.
- Must demonstrate technical leadership skills and/or project management abilities to effectively define, implement and drive projects / tasks to successful completion.
- Electrical Motion Control systems, specifically software driven motion control with PID loop feedback
- Broad Electrical Engineering design and troubleshooting for sizing motors, electrical noise reduction, cable design, and associated components
- Networking and server systems components and software systems
- Windows 10 networking, ACAD Electrical
- PLC operations, troubleshooting, Siemens and Automation Direct Experience Preferred
- Electrical soldering and understanding requirements to fabricate and maintain electrical systems, components, and cabling
- Flexibility to work in dynamic work environment with changing issues and customer demands
- Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD preferred
- Ability to obtain/maintain Unescorted Site Access including drug screening process.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S., the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]