Advanced Project Manager
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
This Advanced Project Manager will be managing projects within the Global Operations Services organization where we design, fabricate and install fuel handling equipment for operating or new nuclear power plants. PM will be responsible for all project management processes from low to high complexity projects. Requires leading small to large sized teams (2 - 20 members) which may include global project controls. May serve as a Technical Inputs Lead for the moderate to high complexity proposal projects as assigned.
Example project disciplines include Engineering, Field Services, Software, Innovation/Product Development, and Process Improvement. All project management is performed in accordance with the established Westinghouse policies, procedures, systems, and requirements.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for all project management processes for low to high complexity projects or a portfolio of lower complexity projects, leading medium or large sized project teams (average 2 – 20 team members). Support proposal process upcoming opportunities, as assigned.
- Oversee the development of cost estimates and offers for operating plants support and modifications. Support and/or drive customer negotiations.
- Complete all aspects of planning process including authoring project management plans and developing scope, schedule, and cost baselines as well as, risk and stakeholder registers per the Westinghouse Project Management Requirements (WPMR).
- Manage and integrate all aspects of project including scope, schedule, cost, risk, procurement, quality, resources, communications, and stakeholders. Interpret and transmit project/contract requirements, and subsequent changes, to functional groups following an integrated change management process. Coordinate project communications ensuring team, customer, and all stakeholders are kept informed of status. Develop or oversee project records in standard databases, systems, and procedures to ensure efficient handling and transmission of project correspondence and documentation internally and externally.
- Properly close projects by archiving work in financial, scheduling, document management, and resource management systems/tools. Perform final project quality assessment and report out. Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement, lessons, and risk avoidance for future work.
- Use interpersonal skills to cultivate positive relationships with team, customer, and other stakeholders (e.g. internal management) in a matrix environment to facilitate successful project completion as well as identify opportunities for additional business growth.
- Identify, assess, and implement improvement or recovery opportunities that will promote successful project delivery.
- Analyze contract requirements and assist in developing project-specific deliverables to enable successful project implementation, to enhance positive customer relations and increase/maintain profit margin.
- Support financial planning through accurately forecasting spending on assigned projects
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated, willing to take ownership of challenges, and customer focused.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Engineering, Business, or related technical discipline required.
- Advanced degree in Project Management, Engineering, Construction or Business preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience supporting utilities with plant engineering support projects
- The successful candidate will be required to complete the PM qualification within a designated time period. Exemptions may be provided based on prior training and work experience.
- Familiar with the Project Management Institute (PMI®)’s Project Management Body of Knowledge required. Willingness to receive PMI Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification or other approved equivalent project management certification is required.
- Preferred candidate will have a broad knowledge of nuclear power plants and be familiar with utility business practices including knowledge of utility operations, maintenance and engineering practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills, such as effective verbal and written communications; ability to lead team members; ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and ability to make decisions and carry out multiple tasks as assigned, with minimal guidance from supervisory Project Managers and mentors.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Office tools. Knowledge and skill of project scheduling and cost management.
- Demonstrated ability or understanding of the transformation of data to information for reporting; High-quality presentation skills.
- Experience with SAP, Primavera (P6), Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, and Active Risk Manager a plus.
- Minor travel (5-10%), possibly including international travel, may be required for this position.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
[Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View] | [Register to View]