Mechanical Engineer -CONTRACT
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Mechanical Engineer based in Windsor, ID
* Author technical documentation for AP1000 primary components (e.g. steam generator, pressurizer, PRHR, core makeup tank and accumulator) and operating plant replacement steam generator design documentation, including but not limited to, design specifications, design reports, E&DCRs, and various calculation notes.
* Author and/or verify non-conformance reports for ongoing projects, as well as support construction activities for the Vogtle 3&4 AP1000 plants, and fabrication follow activities for the EDF (Electricite’ de France) Replacement Steam Generator project.
* Ability to work on multiple projects, and good communication skills are required, in order to work on a large global team.
* Willingness to learn new engineering skills is also a must.
* Prepare technical presentations and written communications for customers and management.
* Write commercial proposals and prepare cost estimates.
* Occasional travel, both domestic and international, to customer and vendor facilities to provide on-site support, presentations, or aid in issue resolution
* An initial assignment for 3-6 months at a domestic nuclear plant construction site will be required.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
* B.S. Engineering Degree, preferably mechanical engineering
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
* 0-5 years experience
* Software skills nice to have (ANSYS, Inventor, Matlab, etc.)
* AP1000 primary component experience desirable
* ASME Section III knowledge desirable
* RCC-M code experience desirable
* Willingness to work on construction site for the initial 3 to 6 months