Natural Gas Scheduler
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
ConocoPhillips’ Commercial business is responsible for marketing the company’s global production and engaging in third-party marketing and trading. Within Commercial, the North America Gas and Power (NAGP) business unit strives to deliver a competitive advantage through industry leadership, first in class customer service, and unmatched operational reliability. Within NAGP, the Natural Gas Scheduling and Operations team is responsible for ensuring gas flow for COP’s equity production as well as COP’s robust 3rd party business. ConocoPhillips’ NA Gas Marketing and Trading organization is consistently named as a top 5 marketer of natural gas in North America, marketing over 10 BCF per day.
The Gas Scheduler role is responsible for nominating and scheduling natural gas purchases and sales on the transportation pipeline systems in various areas of the country. If you are selected as the Natural Gas Scheduler, you will need to be able to work in an open, fast-paced environment with daily time deadlines and heavy workloads. Real time problem solving, attention to details and accuracy is necessary for success in this role. There is also a heavy emphasis on the accounting function that requires working closely with accountants to meet monthly deadlines, resolve outstanding issues, and being a standout colleague.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Integrating supply, market, and service contract data to determine optimal supply/market/transportation nominations
- Scheduling all nominations/confirmations in the respective external pipeline scheduling systems and capture this data and results into internal systems
- Utilizing electronic bulletin boards to monitor and communicate pipeline operational information postings
- Communicating with traders, operations, 3rd party customers, pipelines, and/or appropriate entities to ensure proper timely and penalty free flow
- Reconciling pipeline activity and pipeline statements to internal systems and any supporting documentation that may be used for the prior months scheduling. Supporting back-office accounting regarding flow information, reconciliations, and settlement processes
- Managing pipeline imbalances and optimizing pipeline capacities
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Admin, Mathematics, Engineering, Science, other closely related field, or foreign equivalent
- 1 years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- 1 years of experience in an analytical and/or accounting role utilizing problem solving skills
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel overnight 10% of the time on a yearly basis
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to be on call 24/7 on a rotational basis
- 3 years in oil and gas industry
- 1 years of direct experience in scheduling natural gas
- Advanced understanding of the U.S. natural grid, gas flow, and transportation segmentation
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, including the use of macros
- Advanced knowledge of TriplePoint system
- Ability to prioritize and lead multiple assignments with contending deadlines
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with strong focus on teamwork
- Analytical skills, and the ability to create solutions to sophisticated issues
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 6, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.