Senior Wiring Designer
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Wiring Designer
- Proficient in the use of Microstation and/or AutoCAD Electrical 2020 or equivalent
- Proficient in the creation of technical documents and specifications, such as the development of single-line diagrams, three-line diagrams, protection one-lines, phasing diagrams, schematics, relay and metering wiring diagrams, etc.
- A thorough knowledge of drafting principles and standards to enable checking and verification of design drawings for compliance to applicable specifications.
- Knowledge of electrical power, control and instrumentation design; ability to review interdisciplinary documentation (i.e. Mechanical P&IDs ) to determine/validate electrical interface requirements
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods and representation of those on supplier drawings and design documents to be able to successfully translate these to the appropriate design deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience in the oversight, mentorship and supervision of lesser experienced wiring design team members
- Extensive experience in the creation engineering design packages, including generation of Wire and Cable Data in a Cable Management Program
- Ability to utilize company and project standards to independently identify, select and size cables for design document generation including Instrumentation, Protection and Controls, Medium Voltage Motor and Switchgear Control, and Switchyard Interface Wiring
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- Post-secondary education Diploma or Degree from a recognized Electrical Engineering Technical Program, or have equivalent knowledge and experience in good academic standing.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Willing to travel to client sites
- Candidate must meet the criteria for access to the company’s, partners’ and clients’ technologies
Supplemental Preferred Requirements:
- Working knowledge of PLC and relay logic control design
- Capability to perform calculations to support sizing of power supplies, conductors and conduits
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.