Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
This Project Manager opportunity is going to be an on-site position- based in Ogden, UT location
- Responsible for all project management processes on a portfolio of lower complexity projects to a high complexity project/program depending on candidate’s experiences. Projects varies from facility to heavy industrial capital projects.
- Complete project planning process including developing scope, work breakdown structures, schedule, and cost baselines as well as, risk and stakeholder registers per Western Zirconium’s project management procedure.
- Manage and integrate all aspects of project including scope, schedule, cost, risk, procurement, quality, resources, communications, and stakeholders. Interpret and transmit project/contract requirements, and subsequent changes, to functional groups following an integrated change control process. Coordinate project communications ensuring team, customer, and all stakeholders are kept informed of status.
- Responsible for identifying and procuring critical spares and ensuring spares are properly placed in stores.
- Work with project engineer(s) and maintenance crew to implement preventive maintenance (PMs) on project equipment and/or system.
- Properly close project by archiving work in financial and document management including technical specifications, calculations, engineering drawings, design basis and etc.
- Perform final project quality assessment and report out. Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement, lessons, and risk avoidance for future work.
- Use interpersonal skills to cultivate positive relationships with team, customer, and other stakeholders (e.g., internal management) in a matrix environment to facilitate successful project completion as well as identify opportunities for additional business growth
- Identify, assess, and implement improvement or recovery opportunities that will promote successful project delivery.
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated, willing to take ownership of challenges, and customer focused. Candidate should expect to spend up to 75% of the time in the field in directing contractor’s work.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited colleges in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, or related technical discipline required; Advanced degree in Engineering is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience as project manager from conceptual design to successful completion (installation, commissioning, startup and turnover to operations) in an industrial environment (mining, manufacturing, chemical, nuclear) with scheduled outages for project implementation. Will consider less experienced candidate with an engineering degree.
- Must have demonstrated experience in establishing and managing the entire work breakdown structure required for engineering projects through full systemization and turnover to operations in an operating facility with multiple system.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Office tools and SAP
- Knowledge and skill of project scheduling and cost management.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.