Sr. Software Engineer ( Azure Data Engineer )
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will develop software products for larger, more complex stories spanning multiple technology domains. You will design, develop, enhance, code, tests, deliver and debug software independently. You take larger, more complex stories spanning multiple technology domains.
- Improve procedures and standards proactively.
- Partner with product teams, administrators, and other roles responsible for implementing solutions on Azure.
- Implement and manage the operational aspects of cloud-native and hybrid data platform solutions built with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure.
- Use a variety of methods and tools to perform day-to-day operations, including applying knowledge of using T-SQL for administrative management purposes.
- Recommend and Implement automation for day-to-day operations.
- Advise stakeholders translating business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions.
- Provide Infrastructure as code support for Azure databases and DevOps.
- Designing and implementing solutions that run on Microsoft Azure, including aspects like compute, network, storage, and security.
- Relevant degree preferred.
- 5 or more years relevant experience with planning and implementing data platform resources in Azure is required.
- Typescript and Pulumi experience required.
- Experience implementing Azure monitor, Azure SQL Analytics, and other monitoring solutions for Azure resources.
- Plan and implement a High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR) environment in Azure and On-Prem SQL like Availability groups, readable secondary etc..
- Provide recommendations on access management solution including RBAC policies, access reviews, role assignments, Privileged Identity Management (PIM), Azure AD Identity Protection.
- Recovery solutions for Azure hybrid and on-premises workloads that meets recovery objectives (RTO, RLO, RPO).
- Experience with Azure Synapse, Data Lake, Mongo DB, MySQL.
- Ability to recommend an orchestration solution for deployment and maintenance of applications, including ARM templates, Azure Automation, Azure Pipelines, Logic Apps, or Azure Functions.
Estimated Hiring Range:
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.