Research Associate I or II – Infectious Diseases Directorate
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Associate I or II to support the Infectious Diseases Directorate (IDD), located at the Naval Medical Research Center (NMRC) in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to IDD.
The incumbent will work with pre-clinical samples using humanized mouse models to assess potency and immunogenicity and support novel therapeutics and vaccine development.
NOTE: All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Performs routine data analysis and basic interpretation, and verifies and corrects data entry.
- Trains junior laboratory staff in laboratory techniques and processes, as needed.
- Conducts research in collaboration with other scientific and technical staff.
- Performs complex laboratory tests, determinations, and analyses involving multiple procedures and a variety of technical approaches.
- Documents current or new procedures or protocols for sample selection, data collection, data processing, and/or statistical estimation.
- Analyzes and prepares reagent and/or assay product documentation. Organizes and procures needed reagents, performs experiments, analyzes data, and documents results.
- Experience working with laboratory mice including breeding, biosampling and organ collection.
- Research experience in a research laboratory for performing PCRs, cell cultures, and/or immunological assays
- Maintains clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories, and logbooks
- Maintains supplies in the laboratory and keeps laboratory area clean
- Provides quality control, trouble shooting and the maintenance of specialized reagents and equipment.
- Cooperates with other lab members to have tasks accomplished
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of complex laboratory procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines of projects; good communication and analytical skills.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree in a biological science or molecular biology required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience required.
Work Arrangement: 100% on-site.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.