Sr Electrical Technician
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Electrical Technician is a technical member in the FMCNA-NxStage Research and Development group. This individual will assist in the design and development of hardware products. Our products are complex electro-mechanical systems requiring excellent collaboration across project teams and with counterparts in other departments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works as a team member to test and troubleshoot electronic circuitry and subsystem components.
- Build and assemble complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Rework surface mount and through-hole printed circuit board assemblies
- Perform Electrical Subsystem verification testing, calibration, and troubleshooting; document work and results in conformance with NxStage Standard Operating Procedures
- Build cables from sketches and Document cable assemblies
- Create other documentation as requested (Test Procedures, Work Instructions, Test Reports)
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, including fixture development and process improvement
- Participate in the investigation of problems and product problem reports
- Use Document Control system to access documents and to check-in completed test records
- Calibrate PCB assemblies and load programming patterns using personal computers
- Assist in inspections and testing of product components to ensure compliance to specifications and applicable standards
- Assists engineers in sourcing/procuring components and supplies.
- Manage equipment used by Engineering and lab personnel
- Provide other assistance as requested
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk, hear, sit, stand, and walk.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. with assistance as required.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree a plus
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience as an electrical technician
- Skilled in soldering and de-soldering of modern PCBA boards
- Skilled in the testing and troubleshooting of electronic circuitry and subsystem components
- Skilled in the setup, adjustment and operation of laboratory equipment and instruments, some of which will include the following: oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, data acquisition systems, safety analyzers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills such as using Word and Excel
- Ability to use common hand and power assisted assembly tools
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to interface with multiple groups in the organization
- Positive and optimistic attitude
- Familiarity with Agile product data management a plus
- Familiarity with medical devices and ISO13485 quality system is a plus
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.