Essential Plan Account Manager, Community Plan - Buffalo, NY
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
United Healthcare Community and State’s Sales Markets are key drivers of the organization’s overall growth. As a NY Essential Plan (EP) Account Manager, you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction, and pride - pride in your ability and your product. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention. You'll use your creativity, strategic lens, and outspoken attitude to be part of an elite team to rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group.
Working under the direction of the Essential Plan (EP) Sales & Account management and collectively with the Business Development and Community Outreach team, this Essential Plan Account Manager will interface with New York Health Plan to increase marketing synergy and drive overall membership growth. This sales manager is a field-based role that establishes and cultivates strategic business relationships with key sales and market influencers, potential new customers, and related community institutions. The Essential Plan is for New Yorkers between the ages of 19 to 64.
This position requires someone with tenacity to perform sales activities both indoors and outdoors. Function identified will be new business to business (B2B) opportunities for the purpose of prospecting and enrolling new Essential Plan eligible including vertical channels (dental, vision, fitness, colleges, trade schools, small businesses, as well as industry sectors identified by your manager) that support EP growth strategy in key areas in New York. (Training on all government programs will be conducted upon hire.)
**** This is a non-exempt/outside/field sales position ****
*** Hourly base pay + Commission ***
If you are located in Upstate NY, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Enroll eligible members in UHC Essential Plan
- Build and foster relationships with key accounts (provider offices, CBOs, housings, etc.)
- Presents health plan information to providers, business advocacies, potential eligible and closing sales
- Serve as point of contact for member to provide excellent service and enrollment experience
- Lead pipeline management
- Meeting or exceeding sales and enrollment expectations within assigned territory
- Conduct product information presentations in multiple settings, including in-home consultations
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal need for supervision
- Track and measures various sales event effectiveness and activities, events, leads & lead progress, sales, appointments, contacts, and relationship progress daily through internal systems
- Provide input, support and feedback on promotional opportunities, benefits, and other issues
- Stay informed on UHC operations, provider network, premiums, member services, claims, explanation of benefits, processes and other services and issues to provide community partners, prospects, and members with accurate information, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Input consumer demographics and interactions into company systems as appropriate
- Manage multiple priorities including visiting provider offices on a regular basis and following up on leads in a timely fashion
- Track a schedule to keep appointments on time and information pertaining to those appointments in timely manner
- Performs other duties as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of business-to-business (B2B), business-to-consumer (B2C) direct marketing, outside sales, territory management or community outreach experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Have driver's license and good driving history
- Have insured and reliable vehicle
- Travel locally up to 100% of time within the Buffalo, NY market area
- Work core business hours, Monday - Friday and flexible nights and weekends, when required
- Reside in/within commutable distance to Buffalo, NY
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Active life/health insurance license
- Experience with enrollment in Medicaid/Essential Plan/Child Health Plus products
- Experience giving professional presentations to all levels of organization including executive leadership
- Experience working with communities of all different ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, diverse populations and/or underserved communities
- Proven experience in strategic planning, sales strategies and/or retention
- Familiar with enrollment and eligibility in New York's public health insurance programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of Essential Plan Market Place marketing rules and regulations
- Established professional relationships with non-profits, community sources CBO’s, religious/faith-based organizations FBO’s in designated sales territory
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low- income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.